Loving Anthem!

Sis and I arrived at the terminal courtesy of Independent Driver from the Hilton Newark Penn Station. He picked us up at 9:30 a.m. and we were checked in and seated in our comfy suite chairs by 10. We were on board before 11 a.m.

CK opened at noon and we had lunch there. I had the beat salad as an appetizer and the salmon with couscous for my entree. Sis had the tomato soup and the spinach salad with grilled shrimp.

Found our cabin 12246 but our card would not open it. Made trip to guest services and had it reprogrammed. They sent maintenance up as a precaution but it wasn't necessary since the new cards worked.

The concierge lounge is huge but every time I leave my cabin to go there I turn the wrong way. Last night sat with a pinnacle couple who invited us to sit with them since we were alone. She expressed disappointment with Explorer leaving. The CL was not crowded at all last night.

Got the bogo specialty dining and Wonderland was not included so I had that changed. I had a superb filet at Frankie & Johnnie's in Manhatten on Friday night before seeing Phantom and didn't think Chopped could top that.

Jamie's was the specialty restaurant we were assigned last night. It was okay but really wouldn't go out of my way to return. I had the lamb chops. They were good but probably no better than will be available in CK. Sis had a pasta dish. For dessert she had the lemon cheesecake and I had the pavlova. It was really too sweet for me. One couple near us said they would eat at Jamie's every night if they could.

Anthem really does creak! The seas are quite calm in my opinion but I did meet a young guy with his 4 year old on their first ever cruise. He said his wife was so seasick she couldn't get out of bed.

Voom works great from the IPad.

The staff has been polite, outgoing and all smiles.

Sun is out and we are on our way to Bermuda!

Edited by parrotfeathers

Sis and I arrived at the terminal courtesy of Independent Driver from the Hilton Newark Penn Station. He picked us up at 9:30 a.m. and we were checked in and seated in our comfy suite chairs by 10. We were on board before 11 a.m.

CK opened at noon and we had lunch there. I had the beat salad as an appetizer and the salmon with couscous for my entree. Sis had the tomato soup and the spinach salad with grilled shrimp.

Found our cabin 12246 but our card would not open it. Made trip to guest services and had it reprogrammed. They sent maintenance up as a precaution but it wasn't necessary since the new cards worked.

The concierge lounge is huge but every time I leave my cabin to go there I turn the wrong way. Last night sat with a pinnacle couple who invited us to sit with them since we were alone. She expressed disappointment with Explorer leaving. The CL was not crowded at all last night.

Got the bogo specialty dining and Wonderland was not included so I had that changed. I had a superb filet at Frankie & Johnnie's in Manhatten on Friday night before seeing Phantom and didn't think Chopped could top that.

Jamie's was the specialty restaurant we were assigned last night. It was okay but really wouldn't go out of my way to return. I had the lamb chops. They were good but probably no better than will be available in CK. Sis had a pasta dish. For dessert she had the lemon cheesecake and I had the pavlova. It was really too sweet for me. One couple near us said they would eat at Jamie's every night if they could.

Anthem really does creak! The seas are quite calm in my opinion but I did meet a young guy with his 4 year old on their first ever cruise. He said his wife was so seasick she couldn't get out of bed.

Voom works great from the IPad.

The staff has been polite, outgoing and all smiles.

Sun is out and we are on our way to Bermuda!

Have a great trip!!! Thanks for sharing the update with us.

We are on the Anthem as well. This is the most movement we have ever felt on a ship. We aren't seasick, but definitely a lot of movement. We haven't gone to CK yet (weren't big fans of it on Oasis), but did go to Chops which was excellent.

The ship is beautiful!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Lady_831

Northstar was out of order yesterday. We went up today and it was operational but became unoperational at our turn. Was rescheduled for another time which conflicts with dining. It may be fixed today so will check on that. I decided not to do Ripcord after watching for a few minutes. I was entertained enough just watching the others.

Have yet to find the bumper cars. Loved watching bionic bar.

The ship is simply stunning to me. Will do cabin crawl this aft if I can find my group.

I will be on Anthem next Sept. 9 nt Canada/NE cruise...can't wait to explore this beautiful ship!

In case anyone is interested check out the fairly detailed review from my nine night cruise back in late July into early August. Link is in my signature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Day 2 sea day was a little chilly. I had Northstar reserved for 10:00 a.m. But it was out of order. It was repaired by afternoon and I went after lunch on standby. The leader said often people did not show up after lunch and that was a good time for those with no reservations to show up.

Coastal K had the same menu as embarkation day so we just had a snack in Windjammer. We explored the ship and just relaxed. It was a little windy and chilly on deck but that didn't prevent people from swimming and soaking in the sun.

I forgot to mention I did go to CK for breakfast Tuesday. It was very nice. The waitstaff is the best.

Our specialty restaurant was Wonderland. If you have an open palate I strongly suggest you try Wonderland. Sis preferred no fish and told the waiter. I eat everything. He brought 9 appetizers--liquid manzanilla olive, baby vegetables in the garden, crispy crab cones, sashimi of red and white tuna, buffalo chicken egg, duck liver fritter, tempura Kim chee leaves, liquid lobster, and I cannot remember the last. This sounds like a table of food but it really isn't.

We choose our main course. The beef rib was enough to serve 2 people easily. I chose the pork belly just to see how it was prepared and tasted. I am determined not to eat chicken since I have chicken at home almost every day. But would not have been as stuffed if we had chosen something other than the beef and pork. I should have gotten the fish since surely it would have been lighter. I didn't want any dessert and the waiter brought the lemon cheesecake on a stick to Sis.

After that We found our way to a seat to see The Gift and then went to bed. I love the firm mattress but wish I had brought my squishy feather pillow from home.

We missed the suite event but did make the event where the captain recognized those for their loyalty. I'm glad RCL is showing its appreciation in this way. My pinnacle friend from the lounge was among them. There aren't many pinnacles here--I think the captain said 11. Not a lot of D+ either.

The CL is aft and is very roomy. It is not as intimate as the other lounges, at least to me. The bar staff (2) has to leave to get (make?) the drinks and often they don't have time to say anything (not their job I know).

The seas were rolling Sunday night on our way to Bermuda. It wasn't as rough as my last trip on Explorer. I was afraid it would affect Sis but she handled it just fine.