Purchase cruise while on a cruise OBC questions

dogchopper

I'm going on a cruise in December and planning another for May so I may purchase it on the ship to get the OBC. My question came from something I read on a Facebook RC thread.

Someone did the purchase a cruise while they were on the ship and got their obc, then noticed the cruise price went down. When they called about it they were told they would forfeit the OBC to do the price match..

1. Is that how it works with carnival? It would be early saver so I'd watch for price drops but would that cost me my OBC.

2. Someone replied to their comment by saying that every time they do it they use the OBC on the cruise they are currently on and not on the future cruise (That way they don't risk loosing it). Is that allowed on carnival?

With Carnival you will get different answers to that question .

We stopped booking cruises on board ,just to many unforeseen problems.

Seems like a good idea to me.

If the onboard credit is from the booking on board pay $ 100 and get 200 back you keep it no matter what.

If the obc is part of the booking separate from this you could lose it.

that has me even more confused :rolleyes:

I'm going on a cruise in December and planning another for May so I may purchase it on the ship to get the OBC. My question came from something I read on a Facebook RC thread.

Someone did the purchase a cruise while they were on the ship and got their obc, then noticed the cruise price went down. When they called about it they were told they would forfeit the OBC to do the price match..

1. Is that how it works with carnival? It would be early saver so I'd watch for price drops but would that cost me my OBC.

2. Someone replied to their comment by saying that every time they do it they use the OBC on the cruise they are currently on and not on the future cruise (That way they don't risk loosing it). Is that allowed on carnival?

Let me see if I can help and not confuse you further.

1. When you book a cruise on a cruise, you keep the OBC unless you cancel the booking entirely.

2. The future cruise OBC is non-refundable, which means you have to use it on that cruise. It doesn't carry over to any other cruise, and you can't apply it to payment on another cruise.

We booked on board last December for our cruise next week. About 2 months ago, I upgraded to a cove balcony to take advantage of a sale. I kept my 100 obc and got another $50 obc that was a part of the promotion.

That is good to know!!

Let me see if I can help and not confuse you further.

1. When you book a cruise on a cruise, you keep the OBC unless you cancel the booking entirely.

2. The future cruise OBC is non-refundable, which means you have to use it on that cruise. It doesn't carry over to any other cruise, and you can't apply it to payment on another cruise.

Ok, that helps some. You'd think by now I'd know all this stuff.. I'm a little slow:D

My experience has been that the OBC for booking on board stays with you when you price match, but you sometimes have to remind them of the source of that OBC. It is permanent.

If you originally take advantage of a booking rate that includes a promotional OBC, NOT booking on board, and later price match to a lower rate that does not offer OBC, the drop in the new rate has to be more than the OBC you already have, because you will lose it.

As far as I know, shareholder's OBC and booking on board OBC are the only ones you will retain when you price match to a lower rate.

Oh how I hope someone will correct this belief if it is wrong.

My experience has been that the OBC for booking on board stays with you when you price match, but you sometimes have to remind them of the source of that OBC. It is permanent.

If you originally take advantage of a booking rate that includes a promotional OBC, NOT booking on board, and later price match to a lower rate that does not offer OBC, the drop in the new rate has to be more than the OBC you already have, because you will lose it.

As far as I know, shareholder's OBC and booking on board OBC are the only ones you will retain when you price match to a lower rate.

Ok, that makes sense!! Thanks I get it now :D best to know these things go before you book so you don't make a mistake.

That has been my experience exactly with both types of OBC. As you pointed out, sometimes you have to remind the Customer Service Representative.

We currently have a great PVP who books what we ask, keeps me from changing things when it would cause us to lose a benefit or credit, and doesn't call unless I ask him to. Having a relationship with a good PVP is really worth it.

You should not lose your OBC.

That has been my experience exactly with both types of OBC. As you pointed out, sometimes you have to remind the Customer Service Representative.

We currently have a great PVP who books what we ask, keeps me from changing things when it would cause us to lose a benefit or credit, and doesn't call unless I ask him to. Having a relationship with a good PVP is really worth it.

I need a good pvp , I don't have one as of yet.

You should not lose your OBC.

That's what I'm hoping for

Thanks you said it better than I did.