Maasdam problems???

nktwinpeaks

Rubytue - my hubby & I are in our early 30's with no kids and we love RCCL. Just avoid school vacation periods.

We have sailed RCCL, Carnival, and NCL so far. We are going on the Celebrity Zenith for x-mas and on the Maasdam next August. We love the big ships (Voyager, Explorer, Mariner, Adventurer, and Navigator) and hope to sail on the new Freedom some day with RCCL.

As for Alaska, that was our first cruise and Alaska was amazing but we didn't care for the cruise line. We went NCL and 80% of the guests were over 50 and we felt a little out of place. Also NCL won't give you the service you find on other lines.

For Alaska I would highly recommend Princess or HAL - everyone we know who went with either of these lines loved their cruises not only for the ports but the service. Although I am a big RCCL fan, if we do Alaska again it would have to be one of the two

No, this one was a cute blonde female, who has been on the Maasdam for a while.

NOW you're talking my language! ;)

You don't have pictures, I suppose, so that I can prepare myself for this attractive yet unhelpful staff member...

very helpful. we've been looking at maasdam since we have very few choices out of baltimore now.. but this has helped us decide- we will not go on maasdam- always have read bad reports on this ship. btw, i think all ships should serve you in the buffets- like on celebrity. we'll stick w/ celebrity thank you. oh, & celeb had amazing pumpkins on halloween cruise & an awesome halloween/masquerade party. oh well. hope everyone gets home safely.

We sailed to the E. Caribbean on Maasdam last April and it was the best cruise we've ever had. We are going on the Maasdam again in March for 11 days and can hardly wait.

Travel includes the potential for problems as well as the potential for serendipity; most that is really good in life entails duality.

very helpful. we've been looking at maasdam since we have very few choices out of baltimore now.. but this has helped us decide- we will not go on maasdam- always have read bad reports on this ship. btw, i think all ships should serve you in the buffets- like on celebrity. we'll stick w/ celebrity thank you. oh, & celeb had amazing pumpkins on halloween cruise & an awesome halloween/masquerade party. oh well. hope everyone gets home safely.

:rolleyes: Sorry you are basing your decision to avoid Maasdam on a few bad reports. Did you count how many GOOD reports there have been?

Linda & Vern

Maasdam Holiday 2004

Maasdam Thanksgiving 2005

No, this one was a cute blonde female, who has been on the Maasdam for a while.

There are two blondes. Kristi was cute, bubbly, and seemed like she was a cheerleader in a prior life. I thought she was very nice every time we talked with her. She is only has a few more runs, then she is off the Maasdam in December, although she is hoping to return in early spring (March?).

The other one was taller with long hair. I only spoke with her once, when we were trying to figure out what was the deal with bingo. I didn't really get warm fuzzies from her.

Archived