we're sailing on sunday! quick question re Freedom of the Seas

Thought I read somewhere that one of the pools is set up for lap swimming. Can anyone tell me about this?

It's small. If you get up early in the morning, you will probably have the pool to yourself, briefly. Do about 1,000 laps to equal any sort of "workout". :D

We cruised on Liberty and they had a small lap pool just wide enough for one or two people to swim laps- during sea days it did get crowded but early in the am while I was on the track over looking the pools I frequently saw people swimming laps... enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

LOL, it sounds like I'd have to get up very early in the morning to do a half baked lap swim...maybe I'll just do recreational swimming and get my workout in the fitness center,

Although they look small ,they are big enough to have a decent swim. Get there early and you will more than likely have it all to yourself.

My daughter is a competitive swimmer and she did have morning swim on Freedom, but that was back in 2012. Pool was designated for lap swimming for an hour in the morning. Something like 8 am. It was announced in the daily compass.

It was rather windy, and the ship was swaying. She said she got extra exercise fighting the stream. Swimming directly ahead was hard work, since the wave was directing her either to the right or left.