48 hour reduced deposit sail starting at $49 pp early saver

BuckeyeCruiseGuy

Terms and conditions

ae32c693f1a494b69de5a8d838484b03.jpg

What? You want me to read all that? Ain't nobody got time for that! I would just rather make all kinds of assumptions and then complain with righteous indignation on a cruise website how Carnival "done me dirty" when I realize their rules are contrary to my assumptions.

It doesn't really impact me personally, but I'm not sure these reduced deposit sales are a good idea. People who don't have enough money to put down a full deposit are probably more likely to be people that really can't afford to take a cruise. Carnival is just making it easier for them to get in over their heads.

If you look at it strictly from a corporate profit point of view, I guess it is still a good idea. But on a personal level I'm not sure it's the best thing for these passengers, in many (not all) cases.

It doesn't really impact me personally, but I'm not sure these reduced deposit sales are a good idea. People who don't have enough money to put down a full deposit are probably more likely to be people that really can't afford to take a cruise. Carnival is just making it easier for them to get in over their heads.

If you look at it strictly from a corporate profit point of view, I guess it is still a good idea. But on a personal level I'm not sure it's the best thing for these passengers, in many (not all) cases.

We used the $49 deposit for our next booked cruise in January of 18. For me it's got nothing to do with not being able to pay more. But why give my money to Carnival any earlier than I have to. It was a way to get the cruise and rooms we wanted booked. We will pay it off closer to time to sail.

Of course it is all about the profit....that is what Carnival Corporation is all about. That is what any corporation/business is all about. No great insight there. Anyone who might think otherwise is, well, ignorant at best.

As for the $49....I can see it for some people. Lets say you are thinking about a cruise in June 2018. Go ahead and book in now for $98 for two people. Come March of 2018, make the final decision. If you decide no, you are out the $98 which by that time is no big deal...just skip a couple meals out if your budget is that tight.

If you decide yes, you have book what would likely be a much better (location/deck) cabin than would otherwise be available and you maybe were even to save a little bit each month to make your full payment without even noticing it.

I use these deals to put down on a cruise just in case I want to take one. Like mentioned if I cancel it's not a big deal. I'm not losing much, only cancelled one so far. Has nothing to do with not having the money, I could pay it in full if I wanted. It has to do with a cheap place holder until I confirm if I can or can't sail. No reason to have a full deposit sitting there in limbo.

I would definitely take advantage of this except I don't always know who I can cruise with. This offer requires full names at the time of deposit. I have often deposited with the other person(s) TBD.

I don't have many cruise addicts in my life such as myself and cannot always get commitments from my friends and family.

I leave for the Glory next weekend, had hoped to bring one of my grandkids but due to her school and work schedule, she did not know if she would be able to go when I deposited. (Yeah, she is going, we will have a blast)

I wish this $49 offer allowed me to deposit without the names of the other person(s).

I would definitely take advantage of this except I don't always know who I can cruise with. This offer requires full names at the time of deposit. I have often deposited with the other person(s) TBD.

I don't have many cruise addicts in my life such as myself and cannot always get commitments from my friends and family.

I leave for the Glory next weekend, had hoped to bring one of my grandkids but due to her school and work schedule, she did not know if she would be able to go when I deposited. (Yeah, she is going, we will have a blast)

I wish this $49 offer allowed me to deposit without the names of the other person(s).

You can always book it as a single, pay the double deposit and add anyone to your room. Since you are already paying double the new person would just pay the current fees and taxes.