Transatlantic weather

Alybaly

It is not possible to predict the weather from one cruise to another. but, generally for the first few days out of GB it will be cool with air temps in the 50 and the normal ocean breezes. It would be too cool for me to use the pools.

. . . it will likely get a little warmer each day as you move south. The last half of the cruise should be warm.

First few(3-4) days should be cool then it will get warmer as we head to the Caribbean, it all depends on the weather fronts and the captains chosen route.

Why not look in on the thread for this TA there are quite a few activities going on if you like that sort of thing, link is below.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2184595&page=42

We are on the Transatlantic independence of the seas cruise leaving on the 30th October, can anyone who has been on this cruise before tell me what to expect weather wise ??? Thanks Alison

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It will always be beautiful and sunny. Also seas will be smooth as glass.

We are on the Transatlantic independence of the seas cruise leaving on the 30th October, can anyone who has been on this cruise before tell me what to expect weather wise ??? Thanks Alison

Hi Alybaly,

Take a look at this-

https://cruiseoutlook.com/report/royal-caribbean_independence-of-the-seas_15_nights_2016-10-30.

It's not quite up to your dates yet, but it will roll ahead each day until your dates are there. I hope this is helpful. Enjoy your cruise. We love transatlantics.

Barb

We were on this cruise two years ago; had some crummy weather the first few days. The seas outside of Southampton can be rough. Nonetheless, we still had a great time and enjoyed waking up each day to better and better (warmer) weather!

I recalled reading reviews from the previous year and they had some rough weather too, so I think the ship is due for sunny skies and smooth seas.

Edited by DandDM
forgot what year it was. . . .

The Anthem left abut the same time last year and hit a huge storm that probably damaged the new ship

or it could be Really nice

But will probably be cold and rainy English weather and clear up as you get closer to the Caribbean