Did they raise tips again?

Carleeb12

I always suggested they just raise the cost of the cruise and eliminated the tips all together then nobody would/could screw the staff out of pay. They could just raise the salary.

Its just like those who think they should/could smuggle booze on board to save a buck, the company loses revenue so lets raise the cost per person even more.

But those feel the need to save a buck screws everyone else.

Edited by PattBenatar

I always suggested they just raise the cost of the cruise and eliminated the tips all together then nobody would/could screw the staff out of pay. They could just raise the salary.

Personally I would be good with this, however cruise lines like to keep them separate because anything in the base fare they have top pay commission to TA's for. So keeping items like gratuities and port fees etc separate lowers the amount of commissions to be paid.

Personally I would be good with this, however cruise lines like to keep them separate because anything in the base fare they have top pay commission to TA's for. So keeping items like gratuities and port fees etc separate lowers the amount of commissions to be paid.

Not to mention the "sticker shock" on the price. I assume that is why port fees, taxes, etc are not included in the advertised per person price. All of a sudden a 7 day sailing published at $499 goes to $725 with taxes, fees, and gratuities.

More importantly, what in the world would we talk about here????

More importantly, what in the world would we talk about here????

Well there is always smoking, dress codes, rotten children, chair hogs, why Carnival is the best cruise line, why Carnival is the worst cruise line, walkie-talkies...................am I missing any other topics that have been beaten to death with no one contributing anything even remotely new to them? :p

Well there is always smoking, dress codes, rotten children, chair hogs, why Carnival is the best cruise line, why Carnival is the worst cruise line, walkie-talkies...................am I missing any other topics that have been beaten to death with no one contributing anything even remotely new to them? :p

i think you named most of them.

You forgot tablecloths, or lack thereof. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Aaahhhh. Now j get it

Sent from my iPhone

Smuggling alcohol on board/whether cheers are worth it/those darn smugglers ruined it for everyone now you can't even bring on water.

Being one topic of course... :p

Don't forget FTTF!! ;)

Tipping is optional.personally I pay more than what the standard tip is. These people work really hard.

If you want to pay something less for whatever reason go to guest services and they will adjust it for you.

Yes, I recently got off Splendor and the line was long to remove DSC and stiff the crews on last sea day. Some loudly complained they had no idea why $12.95 DSC showed up on their invoice which made me think these cheapskates never read their cruise contracts. I was disgusted.

Tipping is optional.personally I pay more than what the standard tip is. These people work really hard.

If you want to pay something less for whatever reason go to guest services and they will adjust it for you.

Shots fired! SHOTS FIRED!!!

Yes, I recently got off Splendor and the line was long to remove DSC and stiff the crews on last sea day. Some loudly complained they had no idea why $12.95 DSC showed up on their invoice which made me think these cheapskates never read their cruise contracts. I was disgusted.

Ahhh yes, land of the cheapskates. Quite an interesting thing to watch, we have had occasion from time to time when at guest services to review something or other from one of our groups.

Its just like those who think they should/could smuggle booze on board to save a buck, the company loses revenue so lets raise the cost per person even more.

But those feel the need to save a buck screws everyone else.

I somewhat agree with you, but on the alcohol thing - Carnival's mark up is ridiculous - they are charging 400% or more for a bottle of wine! So I can understand why some people might smuggle booze.

We bought a couple bottles of Fetzer Merlot while on board and paid over $30 per bottle with the gratuity included. We both enjoyed it so we looked for Fetzer Merlot after the cruise. I found the exact same bottle of wine at Wal-Mart for $6.97! Not on sale/clearance, normal everyday price - same thing at Spec's $7/bottle.