New Sign & Sail card delivery system??

John F

On Royal, the passenger hallways are closed off (by those heavy doors near the elevators) until all cabins are ready, so there won't be pax wandering around for the most part. When the cabins are ready, crew members are in the halls, helping out. We used Royal's WOW bands (free on Quantum, now a charge) for purchases with no problems, either. Now we don't think they're worth the $5.00. Used the Disney Magic Bands, too. Loved the convenience.

I guess Carnival is different with FTTF and status access

Suites aren't ready (and haven't been in the past) upon boarding like Diamond, Platinum, FTTF.

My bad on the suites thought that was included. So are the others called to board and able to go to their cabins as soon as they get on the ship, before 1:30?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My bad on the suites thought that was included. So are the others called to board and able to go to their cabins as soon as they get on the ship, before 1:30?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are able to go directly to our cabin as soon as Diamond and Platinum are called.

I was on the 10/8 sailing. It was odd, but nothing to be worried about from a fraud standpoint.

At check-in they scanned our passports, and that is the photo that was used. Anytime a charge was attempted... with or without the card, my photo popped up.

Aw man, I look like a drug mule in my passport photo :o( That sucks

Thanks, that makes sense. Doesn't seem too bad .I guess the only draw back is for carnival because when you get on the ship there are tables all over for things they are selling like drink packages and all.. no point in having that around now.

They could use your folio #/boarding pass apparently. If they can use that to sell drinks and even look up your Cheers! and such, there's no issue to use it to sell the wine packages, etc. The wine package thing required tickets last time I used it (though we've gone without for awhile due to Cheers!) so is irrelevant especially, and the specialty restaurants and even excursions are charged later.

So what if you purchased the bubbles plan for your kids precruise? We are going on the Breeze and Cheers will not be until the next day, but the kids plan should be active day one. I hope my kids can use the plan without their cards when we board.

I love whiskey.

So what if you purchased the bubbles plan for your kids precruise? We are going on the Breeze and Cheers will not be until the next day, but the kids plan should be active day one. I hope my kids can use the plan without their cards when we board.

I love whiskey.

It will show when they pull up the folio number. No card needed.

I love whiskey.

It's my understanding it's only on the Splendor as a test run.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was recently on the Spendor. Passport photos were used. Once at gangway, the employee thought my photo scan was too dark, so she took another with her "IPad". Sail and sign cards were in our mailbox, I was nervous at first, but everyone is in the same situation and it was fine. You are able to purchase drinks with your boarding pass with no issues. I believe they are trying to speed up the check in process which works for me. [emoji846]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

When we boarded the breeze this summer they did not take my picture and when I asked, they said we just use your passport picture. This last cruise was super easy once we got onboard after a power outage in the port terminal. We had 1030am check in but were not on the ship until 1pm.

I am doing a Back-to-back in three weeks and was wondering the same thing. Anyone know?

They give you a new S&S card for the second leg of the B2B. They have to as the Folio numbers for your account change for each cruise. They do this to completely close the accounts for each cruise. So I would assume you will get a new one in the new system but how and when that takes place is unknown to me. If the stewards distribute the cards to the mail boxs and you are staying in the same cabin for each leg then they may just give you your new card instead of leaving it in the box. Or they may just do it they way they do it now - you meet in the lobby with the other B2B cruisers get new cards for the next cruise and then get off, go through customs and get back on....

HMMMM,,,In my passport photo, I look just like Tom Selleck,,,,except that I'm just a couple of inches shorter,,,,,and my face is different.

"SKY"

Hahaha....I have the same problem, but my pic looks just like Hannah DAVIS!! My hubby is still laughing! [emoji23][emoji23]

Edited by volmoma

For those not using passports, I assume they are still getting pics taken at port right? Now I'm thinking I should of put BC instead of passport on my info. About time for passport renewal and I hate my passport pic, everyone else going with me will be using BC instead.

Yes, for those without passports they are taking pictures. The person doing the passport scanning also makes a determination of whether or not your passport picture is a good enough likeness of your current self. If not, then your picture is taken.