Ifly question

I have made reservations for the ifly on Anthem. I was wondering if being 5'7 and 185 lbs. should make me rethink doing this. I really want to, but I don't want to look silly either. If someone has done this being that weight I would like to know how it was.

I have made reservations for the ifly on Anthem. I was wondering if being 5'7 and 185 lbs. should make me rethink doing this. I really want to, but I don't want to look silly either. If someone has done this being that weight I would like to know how it was.

don't worry about it- you won't look like a fool.

But you will have one of the funnest single min that you can remember for a while.

I'm 5-9 and was 190 the last time we did it- no problem- there are bigger people and smaller people doing it- the controller does a good job regulating the speed to make sure you can fly.

The most important thing to do is relax. Big, small, tall, short, fat, thin- being relaxed seems to be the biggest key to flying well.

Go for it, you will want to do it again.

I have made reservations for the ifly on Anthem. I was wondering if being 5'7 and 185 lbs. should make me rethink doing this. I really want to, but I don't want to look silly either.

:confused: why would you look silly? Your proportions are about as average as you can get. Look up some Ripcord (name of the ride, iFly is the name of the company) videos - do they look silly?

Thank you Alfaeric and Biker19. I have watched the youtube videos and have decided I really want to do this. It looks really cool.I will be 69 in January and I love crazy things. My husband did the real skydiving last year but I'm not that brave. Thanks again.

You'll be fine, I'm a bit shorter and heavier than you and had no problems. The only disappointment we had is the RCI photographer wasn't there taking pictures.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thank you Alfaeric and Biker19. I have watched the youtube videos and have decided I really want to do this. It looks really cool.I will be 69 in January and I love crazy things. My husband did the real skydiving last year but I'm not that brave. Thanks again.

You may not have someone else near your size and age in YOUR group, but we did. OMG- the HUGE smile on their face.

It's really great that the system is so robust to the range of people- so many things these days are restrictive for one reason or another, and while iFly is- the restriction is pretty darned small.

To have a fun thing like this open to so many people- I honestly think RCI hit a homerun with this addition.

Hopefully you have it scheduled fairly early. They do allow walk ins. ;)

The only disappointment we had is the RCI photographer wasn't there taking pictures.

There's usually friends/family/fellow cruisers hanging around the training area before you go who are there to take pics - ask them to take some of you as well.;)

Biker, who was outside the Ripcord tube with 3 cameras taking pics for others.

I am a guy, 5'9 185.... can't imagine that your size will be a problem. If you are less than 6 foot tall you need to weigh less than 230.

JC