Caviar, Pate de fois gras?

Randi S.

Possibly in the Specialty Restaurant, but not elsewhere. Remember, probably 40% of the food is thrown away. I know that I do not pay enough for my cruise for them to use such pricey ingredients, while on a Crystal Cruise you probably do.

Not sure if this is still the case, since I don't like caviar, but they used to sell it in the Champagne Bar (port side of the Martini Bar).

Also if you take the Galley tour, they will tell you that food wastage is something very small, like 10%. They've got it down to a science.

Lisa

Each night around 11:30p on board the Constellation,they serve gourmet bites-waiters circulate thru all the public rooms with little snacks on a silver platter-at least one night caviar was on the menu-escargot is available every evening as an appetizer in the main dining room-you have to ask for it

You will find plenty of pate de foie gras at the Gala Buffet and variations will be served on the menu. I have had various game pate hors d'ouvres in the past. Yes...you can find it in the specialty restaurants. Caviar is on sale and can be ordered at most bars onboard. You will also see it served at certain parties...if you are lucky enough to get invited to one.

The Champagne Bar serves caviar, and with that you get a choice of one glass of champagne. The charge is $75 and can go higher if you choose a pricier beverage. I've never seen the true pate fois gras on a Celebrity ship, not even in the grand gala buffet. What you find in the buffet is regular pate, kind of like a slice and serve. They never serve the true seared pate fois gras as that is incredibly expensive.

The Champagne Bar serves caviar, and with that you get a choice of one glass of champagne. The charge is $75 and can go higher if you choose a pricier beverage. I've never seen the true pate fois gras on a Celebrity ship, not even in the grand gala buffet. What you find in the buffet is regular pate, kind of like a slice and serve. They never serve the true seared pate fois gras as that is incredibly expensive.

The seared foie gras is available as an Appetizer in the Specialty Restaurant.

I did have the duck pate one night in the main dining room, it was extremely good.

KITTY brings up a good point...there is a difference between pate and seared foie gras. You will find plenty of real Pate de Foie Gras on the Gala Buffet...it is truly pate...normally made with truffles and covered with aspic. The type of foie gras Kitty talks about is the actual goose liver sauteed and usually served with a wine sauce accompanied with fruit...this is not pate.

I never expected 12 responses to such a question. I almost didn't ask it.

I will look for this in the specialty restaurant. I wonder if you can request two, since just about everyone recommends the cheese appetizer.

Randi, are you sure that you want the "cheese appetizer" ??? or the 'fat liver' ?

Perhaps take a look at the article that I provided the link and see where is the "cheese appetizer" coming from.

Wes

I never expected 12 responses to such a question. I almost didn't ask it.

I will look for this in the specialty restaurant. I wonder if you can request two, since just about everyone recommends the cheese appetizer.

The board is doing strange things so I am not sure if and where this reply will go.

Randi are you after the "cheese appetizer" or the 'fat liver' ?

Take a look at the article in the link provided so you will know where your "cheese appetizer" is coming from.

Wes

The board is doing strange things so I am not sure if and where this reply will go.

Randi are you after the "cheese appetizer" or the 'fat liver' ?

Take a look at the article in the link provided so you will know where your "cheese appetizer" is coming from.

Wes

What exactly does your posted article have to do with Goat Cheese Souffle? And before bashing Foie Gras...do you eat Turkey? Chicken? Personally I'd rather eat Foie Gras than a bird that has been kept in a cage that it can't even stand in.

What exactly does your posted article have to do with Goat Cheese Souffle? And before bashing Foie Gras...do you eat Turkey? Chicken? Personally I'd rather eat Foie Gras than a bird that has been kept in a cage that it can't even stand in.

Hi Cruise Junky, it really makes no difference to me what you eat .......I am not telling you, OP or anyone else what they should eat or do......that is your and their bussiness.

I stated in my response that "I lost my apettite......" for the 'fat liver' after reading the article posted by the Humane Society......that is 'my apettite' - not yours. If you read it and think nothing of it, that is your bussiness too.

To answer your question: "What exactly......article have to do with "Goat Chesse Souffle ? " - you figure that out. Where does the OP ask about the Cheese Souffle ??? The OP is 'asking' first about the "Pate de fois gras" and states later that he/she will maybe have two of 'Cheese appetizer' - it seems that perhaps OP is not sure what the items are.

As far as your interest if I eat chicken or turkey - yes I do.....and even chicken and worse yet 'goose' liver - but not knowingly any of that that was purposly abused.

Wes

Hi Cruise Junky, it really makes no difference to me what you eat .......I am not telling you, OP or anyone else what they should eat or do......that is your and their bussiness.

I stated in my response that "I lost my apettite......" for the 'fat liver' after reading the article posted by the Humane Society......that is 'my apettite' - not yours. If you read it and think nothing of it, that is your bussiness too.

To answer your question: "What exactly......article have to do with "Goat Chesse Souffle ? " - you figure that out. Where does the OP ask about the Cheese Souffle ??? The OP is 'asking' first about the "Pate de fois gras" and states later that he/she will maybe have two of 'Cheese appetizer' - it seems that perhaps OP is not sure what the items are.

Wes

The OP was trying to decide between two appetizers because she heard the Cheese one was good but also wanted to try the Foie Gras.

This is a direct quote from you: Take a look at the article in the link provided so you will know where your "cheese appetizer" is coming from.

My question was what does that article have to do with a goat cheese souffle which was what the OP was referring to.

Archived