Guarantee Cabin

Floridastorm

I'm wondering what experience some folks have had with Guarantee Bookings. If I book a Guarantee, and wait for the cruise line selection process, if I do not like the cabin am I able to then select another cabin at whatever the going rate is for a selected cabin? I'm wondering how many people do this with the hope that the Guarantee Cabin will be acceptable? I guess you risk being stuck with the Guarantee if there are no other acceptable cabins still available at the time the cruise line assigns you a cabin. :confused:

I'm wondering what experience some folks have had with Guarantee Bookings. If I book a Guarantee, and wait for the cruise line selection process, if I do not like the cabin am I able to then select another cabin at whatever the going rate is for a selected cabin? I'm wondering how many people do this with the hope that the Guarantee Cabin will be acceptable? I guess you risk being stuck with the Guarantee if there are no other acceptable cabins still available at the time the cruise line assigns you a cabin. :confused:

We booked a guarantee balcony cabin for this Dec (Princess Cat BF) . Two weeks ago they assigned a cabin that was higher than our booked rate. Guarantee only guaranty that you'll at least get the category you booked.

I have been told that booking a guaranteed cabin gives you a better chance of scoring an up-grade. :cool:

My concern would be that I could be stuck with an unacceptable guarantee cabin (right below the disco) with not time enough to change to something else. Do they usually give you a guarantee cabin assignment at least two or three weeks out? Or, could it be on the day of departure?

Has anyone ever figured out how many cruise ships depart with empty cabins? I was on a Holland America 10 day cruise where the ship was only 40% full.

With a guarantee, getting a better cabin than what you booked is a possibility, but fairly rare. You normally get the category you pay for. Yes...sometimes, you get reassigned to something better. If you are assigned something in a location you hate, you can ask to move to the SAME CATEGORY elsewhere, if something is available.

If you are a very picky person, it's much better to book the cabin you want, and not play the "cabin roulette" thing!!!