Love Carnival, Love S. Caribbean Itinerary, Hate the Fascination

Cruisegoer

I am looking forward to reading some positive reviews-

I have been looking forward to this cruise for years and now I am concern I chose CARNIVAL,

I understand this is a older ship which disappoints me but I figure i will be in port a lot of days.

now negative reviews are coming in

I found reviews on another site and it said the pool was broker a couple days - there was a smell on the ship on a sailing - other things were not working either and the staff was exhausted-

It didn't seem like complainers it seemed like a couple people on the last two cruises had difficulty-

Im hoping this ship holds up lol

Mitsugirly was just on Fascination on the southern itinerary out of San Juan and she did a very picture heavy review of their cruise. I'll attach the link to her review and I'm mainly attaching because of all of the pictures she included, including a "tour" with loads of Fascination pictures. From her review, I got the impression that they enjoyed Fascination.

We've done the southern itinerary, twice recently on Valor (2013) and Liberty (2015) and agree with those who say that when doing this itinerary, the itinerary is the destination. I was one of the ones who was wondering why Carnival would put an older and smaller ship on that itinerary, but after reading Mitsugirly's and a few others including Sparks1093's and Lolavix's Fascination reviews, I actually think I'd love to try Fascination. I hope this is helpful to you.

As for pools being closed, Liberty's main pool was closed for some tile repair on our last day while we were in St. Maarten. We were also on Liberty for a western Caribbean itinerary in 2014 and the main pool was closed one of those days, emptied for cleaning, as well. I don't know the exact reason, but did hear speculation.

Link to Mitsugirly's review:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2396178&highlight=fascination

Edited by pghsteelerfan

Mitsugirly was just on Fascination on the southern itinerary out of San Juan and she did a very picture heavy review of their cruise. I'll attach the link to her review and I'm mainly attaching because of all of the pictures she included, including a "tour" with loads of Fascination pictures. From her review, I got the impression that they enjoyed Fascination.

We've done the southern itinerary, twice recently on Valor (2013) and Liberty (2015) and agree with those who say that when doing this itinerary, the itinerary is the destination. I was one of the ones who was wondering why Carnival would put an older and smaller ship on that itinerary, but after reading Mitsugirly's and a few others including Sparks1093's and Lolavix's Fascination reviews, I actually think I'd love to try Fascination. I hope this is helpful to you.

Link to Mitsugirly's review:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2396178&highlight=fascination

Thanks for the shout out! I've linked my review in my signature and hope to be uploading pictures to my forum review soon (just signed up for Photobucket and am in the process of uploading pictures).

Thanks for the shout out! I've linked my review in my signature and hope to be uploading pictures to my forum review soon (just signed up for Photobucket and am in the process of uploading pictures).

I've been looking forward to your pictures. :D I know there are other host sites, but I use Photobucket and have been happy with them. Thanks for letting me know about your pictures.

Just returned Sunday. I've gotta`say the ship was in really great condition, even better than I expected. And the port intensive itinerary does make a difference in the fact that some of the newer Carnival amenities like alternative restaurants are not available. We really enjoyed the ship again, having been on her previously when she was brand new.

Guess Carnival knows what they're doing afterall. Glad you enjoyed your cruise. Which was your favorite port?