What time do you disembark Allure - can we make 11am flight from FLL?

WildP

Hi,

Wanted to know what time most people disembarked from the Allure in Port Everglades. Was looking at return flights home and wasn't sure if we would be ok making an 11am flight out of Fort Lauderdale --- it's not a domestic flight (international). In the past we've cruised out of Cape Canaveral and with distance to airport was told never to book flights before noon but with the airport much closer I was hoping it would work this time. Would welcome advice / views from those who've cruised out of FLL before.

Thanks!!

You get make a selection on the time you wish to disembark. The cabin steward leaves a note on day 3 that you need to fill out by the end of day 5, if I remember correctly. Of course, it's not pleasant to be thinking of disembarkation that early.

I don't exactly remember the earliest hours (maybe 6:00am, I think) for self-disembarkation but with an 11am flight, I'd do it if I could because there could be unexpected delays. The ride to FLL in a taxi would be 15 mins or so.

We chose the earliest time, between 8:00-8:30 and were called to walk off at 8:30. The line through customs was very long due to having only 5 customs agents instead of the usual 7. From reading these boards, this happens more often than you'd might think. We were out of customs by 9:45, grabbed the shuttle for a rental and out with a rental car by 10:00. So, in theory, we could've made an 11:00am flight but with security and boarding, just barely.

We returned a couple of weeks ago on Oasis (Saturday), had a 10:10 am Flight; we were in the Line for Self Debarkation by 7:00. By the time we went through Customs, it was probably 8:00 and at FLL before 8:30. Cab Ride is no more than 15 mins (at the Most).

I don't know how many Ships are in Port on Sunday's, that may have an impact, but I wouldn't hesitate about having an 11:00 Flight.

We just booked air this morning and passed on the 11:00 flight primarily because it was to LGA rather than JFK. My question......is there any problem hanging on the ship until around 10:30?

They will "encourage" you to leave much earlier, so they can get their count to zero, and start turn around...