Guarantee Upgrade

Bquirky

I booked an inside guarantee, our cabin was assigned to a windowed room. Which is great! Yay!

My question is once they've assigned the cabin is there a possibility they'll change it on their own? Or is it when its assigned its assigned kind of deal?

I've never booked guarantee before. Sailing is two days away and I booked two days ago.

I booked an inside guarantee on the dawn a week before sailing got assigned an inside room the next day. Two days before sailing was offered to upgrade to a balcony for $100pp or mini suite $200pp. I did the $100 for balcony. . I original pd 499 pp before taxes for room so balcony room for 599pp before taxes to Bermuda great deal. So watch your e mail.

• 1 month later...

This is an excellent question. About a month ago, I booked a guarantee Studio on the Getaway for my son because there were no other studios available. A group of studios must have been released, because he was assigned one today and there are others available.

We are not leaving until July. I do not want him bumped. Should I change the reservation so he is assigned a definite room or will he keep the current room?

I booked a balcony guaranty and already have a cabin assigned. We leave in 3 weeks and originally booked via a TA. Should I consider another call/email coming OR call the upsell department and questions options myself?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Your T.A. owns the Booking. Call them.

This is an excellent question. About a month ago, I booked a guarantee Studio on the Getaway for my son because there were no other studios available. A group of studios must have been released, because he was assigned one today and there are others available.

We are not leaving until July. I do not want him bumped. Should I change the reservation so he is assigned a definite room or will he keep the current room?

THe deal You Made is you take what ever NCl gives for a cheaper price.

If you want to pick & choose a cabin ,you pay more.

Edited by biker@sea

THe deal You Made is you take what ever NCl gives for a cheaper price.

If you want to pick & choose a cabin ,you pay more.

I like the cabin he was assigned. I just do not want it changed to something else before sailing. Presently, everything is the same price. I was just wondering if there was any advantage to changing the guarantee to a non-guarantee.

I do have a call into my travel agent. I was just seeing what experience other cruisers had.

I like the cabin he was assigned. I just do not want it changed to something else before sailing. Presently, everything is the same price. I was just wondering if there was any advantage to changing the guarantee to a non-guarantee.

I do have a call into my travel agent. I was just seeing what experience other cruisers had.

Maybe You can ask the T.A. for a " no change without notice " be attached to your reservation now.

Changing to a non-guarantee (even for the exact same room) will cost you the difference in retail Price of the what you paid and the non-guarantee price room you are in. You got a free upgrade. Leave it alone.

You got a free upgrade. Leave it alone.
The poster you are responding to booked a guarantee studio for their son and they were assigned a studio. No upgrade. Also, a guarantee studio is still category T1. There is no other studio category (e.g. TX), so the poster didn't save any money by booking guarantee, and if the prices haven't gone up (and they said they haven't) then it won't cost them any money to switch it to a non-GTY booking. So they should do that, if they want to be sure to keep this room between now and July.

The poster you are responding to booked a guarantee studio for their son and they were assigned a studio. No upgrade. Also, a guarantee studio is still category T1. There is no other studio category (e.g. TX), so the poster didn't save any money by booking guarantee, and if the prices haven't gone up (and they said they haven't) then it won't cost them any money to switch it to a non-GTY booking. So they should do that, if they want to be sure to keep this room between now and July.

Could cost their son Latitude points if originally booked more than 9 months out, the "new" booking being less than 9 months before the cruise.

There is a good chance of losing that cabin in the middle of canceling the first booking , then trying to wait for that cabin # to come back on the for sale list to rebook as a non -GTY.

Sure, all the usual caveats for rebooking apply.

But I wonder if this change would even require a rebooking. As I said, they are not changing categories, or asking for the room to be refared, or angling for better perks. In fact the whole point is that they don't want to change anything… Obviously, a cancel and rebook would get the job done, but they may be able to simply modify/annotate the booking to remove the GTY status. NCruiser2012 should call NCL to discuss options if they really don't want their son to be moved. (Personally, I agree with everyone else who said that the chances are very low; once they assign a room it almost always stays that way… unless it doesn't ;) )

Edited by hawkeyetlse

I spoke to the TA and she spoke with NCL. NCL said that we did not actually book a guarantee (X room), but we booked a T1 category cabin (studio). At the time we booked, NCL did not have any T1 rooms available, but now they do and my son was placed in a studio and should stay there until July.

This is confusing because before we booked, we saw the word "Guarantee" on NCL's website. I am not sure exactly the difference is between what we booked and a guarantee cabin.

I asked if they would promise he would stay in the assigned room, but they said they can never make a promise like that in case of plumbing issues, etc.

So, I think we are OK. Am I receiving accurate information?

Edited by NCruiser2012

I spoke to the TA and she spoke with NCL. NCL said that we did not actually book a guarantee (X room), but we booked a T1 category cabin (studio). At the time we booked, NCL did not have any T1 rooms available, but now they do and my son was placed in a studio and should stay there until July.

This is confusing because before we booked, we saw the word "Guarantee" on NCL's website. I am not sure exactly the difference is between what we booked and a guarantee cabin.

I asked if they would promise he would stay in the assigned room, but they said they can never make a promise like that in case of plumbing issues, etc.

So, I think we are OK. Am I receiving accurate information?

I kinda have a problem with ( NCL did not have T1 available )

That is were I feel NCL owes you something for NOT getting to chose the cabin.

NCL picks NCL should pay some how. Champagne / Strawberries , 1 free perk, something.

I kinda have a problem with ( NCL did not have T1 available )

That is were I feel NCL owes you something for NOT getting to chose the cabin.

NCL picks NCL should pay some how. Champagne / Strawberries , 1 free perk, something.

Good point. I never thought about that.

I don't know if there are still studios showing as available on your sailing, but if you want a different one, just ask your TA to change your booking to that one.

NCL doesn't "owe" you anything. If there had been just one studio available when you booked, would you have felt entitled to a free perk or a plate of strawberries because you didn't get a selection of rooms to choose from? You booked category T1, and they assigned you a T1. And you said above that you were happy with the assignment.

I don't know if there are still studios showing as available on your sailing, but if you want a different one, just ask your TA to change your booking to that one.

NCL doesn't "owe" you anything. If there had been just one studio available when you booked, would you have felt entitled to a free perk or a plate of strawberries because you didn't get a selection of rooms to choose from? You booked category T1, and they assigned you a T1. And you said above that you were happy with the assignment.

I agree that NCL owes me nothing. I also agree with a previous poster, that, yes, it would have been nice to choose my own cabin at the time of booking and not not have to worry about where my son ends up. I am not going to pursue the matter any more. As long as they do not move my son to another cabin outside the studios, I am pretty happy.

Thank you, CC members, for all your help!

Edited by NCruiser2012