Question on booking private excursions

mauimary

We are wondering how others work it when you have booked a private excursion and are looking for others on your roll call to join you. Do you limit it to just those who have joined your roll call whether they are active or not? How about non participants in the roll call?

We are wondering how others work it when you have booked a private excursion and are looking for others on your roll call to join you. Do you limit it to just those who have joined your roll call whether they are active or not? How about non participants in the roll call?

Can't see that it makes a difference, totally up to you.

Occasionally someone on the roll call will book a private excursion that has a set price, which is reduced if they get more people to join them. So they invite others and keep track of who has committed. There is a financial risk that the others may back out. Not sure how often that happens, but it is a possibility. Generally, I find that someone notes what they have booked and encourages other so to join. The others make their own arrangements with the vendor, so there really isn't a financial risk.

I joined one of the excursions that someone else was setting up on my TA for our San Juan stop. I paid the organizer in cash the day of the excursion because he had fronted the money. It was a good call. I had such a great experience that day.

But usually, I book on my own with the vendor and join my CC friends at the meet-up point.

On one of our cruises, we ended booking an entire private cat boat snorkel tour

that only took 21 people. We were all CC members on the roll call

and had a great time. :)

The one thing I do find annoying, however, is when someone chimes in that has

only a few posts on CC, does not talk back and forth on the roll call to anyone,

then insists we join some excursion listing the whole web site information...blah..

blah...and is never interested in posting about anything else. Really smells like

a sales job. I don't bite on those.

Edited by island lady