Haiti Protesters again today on Oasis (10/24)

marciemi

This has nothing to do with what the OP posted, why do you always post when you have nothing to say but mean things that have nothing to do with the original topic! Start your own thread about bitchy stuff that makes me feel superior!

I thought it was perfect. Lighten up

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

This has nothing to do with what the OP posted, why do you always post when you have nothing to say but mean things that have nothing to do with the original topic! Start your own thread about bitchy stuff that makes me feel superior!

More breaking news:rolleyes:

Currently on the Oasis and have been waiting at the gangway for an hour to disembark in Labadee. Per the announcements it's an "unplanned protest". They moved us all up away from the gangway a bit ago and we're waiting to hear more. Most people waiting here have early Shore Excursions and no word on those either.

Meanwhile we're getting flyers in our Compasses asking us all to donate to the Haiti relief due to damages from Hurricane Matthew. I realize it's not the same areas or people but seems like the protesters don't realize many of the folks on these ships (and the cruise line itself of course) are providing them with a good deal of support.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for sharing your unfortunate situation, to post anything these days is to invite ridicule. Kinda like being on FB but with a more sophisticated

crowd (maybe). Thinking CC is full of cliques, some people can be rude and it's ok, but the rest of us have to watch our ass. Hope the rest of the cruise goes better.

crowd (maybe). Thinking CC is full of cliques, some people can be rude and it's ok, but the rest of us have to watch our ass.

No, you just need to be able to not give a crap about what some keyboard warrior has to say and also see the levity in some posts.

No, you just need to be able to not give a crap about what some keyboard warrior has to say and also see the levity in some posts.

You're right but kindness is nice also. I appreciated hearing his plight. I never encountered a situation like that before and missed it when it was discussed on CC the other day.

It's pretty typical of his/her posts. Just ignore them.

Back on the ship now! If it had to do with the prison thing, we weren't told anything about that. All seemed normal in port, other than possibly a high security presence but I haven't been here since 2004 so that may be normal now? We're staying an extra hour in port to give people more time. Not blaming RCI at all - just giving folks a heads up for future cruises.

Thanks so much for reporting back on how things went! :)

Currently on the Oasis and have been waiting at the gangway for an hour to disembark in Labadee. Per the announcements it's an "unplanned protest". They moved us all up away from the gangway a bit ago and we're waiting to hear more. Most people waiting here have early Shore Excursions and no word on those either.

Meanwhile we're getting flyers in our Compasses asking us all to donate to the Haiti relief due to damages from Hurricane Matthew. I realize it's not the same areas or people but seems like the protesters don't realize many of the folks on these ships (and the cruise line itself of course) are providing them with a good deal of support.

Too bad.

Boo! Boo!

Get outside, see the sun, have some fun. Come back when you've had a Snickers bar.