Early bird discount on grand voyage

shebag

We are having difficulty getting the cruise company we booked with to reimburse us the 3% early payment discount which we are entitled to. When we paid in full by the due date, we were told that a cheque for the discount would be sent in October. We still have not received it and have called the company. They are acting like they have never heard of this before and the situation is now in the hands of the supervisor. Has anyone else experienced this?? We have never had difficulties in the past getting the discount!!

As I recall, you got an early bird discount of 3% if you paid in full by June 1st. I didn't do it but I just thought you'd pay 3% less when you paid up. ..no refund involved.

Did they tell you different?

The first time we booked a Grand Voyage they just deducted the 3% from our final payment.

The last time we had to wait until October when HAL sends the commission cheque to the cruise company that sold us the trip. However no issues we received the cheque.

This is a different company and the TA we had has since left the company and now we are fighting to get the 3% back.

We did pay by Jun 1st, in order to get the discount.

Have never seen a refund, only a reduction in the fare before the 'early bird' discount date, which is well before the final payment date. An example is the world cruise (which sails in Jan) has a full payment date of 30 May to get the 3% discount. Have they changed their policy?

Not sure about a policy change but this did happen two years ago when we booked the Grand Med. We didn't get the 3% until October. But the good news is the TA supervisor came through and we were informed last night that we should be receiving a cheque in the next 5 - 10 days. Great news, however it shouldn't have taken us fighting for it to get it!!! Might be looking for another TA next time around!!

As I recall, you got an early bird discount of 3% if you paid in full by June 1st. I didn't do it but I just thought you'd pay 3% less when you paid up. ..no refund involved.

Did they tell you different?

Thats the way it worked for our recent WC payment, they just deducted the 3% from what was due.