Western Caribbean - Where to Find Free Wi-Fi

Everywhere I have seen free WiFi in ports has always been very slow with many people standing around the access point area trying to get emails, etc.

That is why I always travel with my Google Fi service phone which is $10 a gig no matter where you use it (not on cruise ships). It works in every port, and is my connection that is mine alone.

I believe the Tortuga Rum store at the Grand Cayman port has free WiFi. We've been able to FaceTime from there.

There's also a coffee shop in Belize at the port where our oldest son and his wife were able to get on Wifi with a purchase. Not sure of the name but I wouldn't think it would be hard to find.

In Cozumel, we walked down the street from the Puerto Maya port to Carl's Jr (there's also a Hard Rock Cafe store and Harley-Davidson in the same shopping center) where we bought something to drink and was able to use their Wifi. It wasn't very busy and it was cool inside.

Hope this helps!

LOTS of restaurants and cafes have free wifi for their patrons, although you may need to get the password from your server. Just ask before you are seated to confirm.

This.

In this day in age, anyone with any level of awareness can find wifi. I cringe when I see "ask the crew" of "follow the crew" for wifi.

Please don't bother the crew about it - they have such limited free time away from passenger demands, they deserve every bit of solitude (and bandwidth) they can get on brief shore trips.

And when you see a group of crew members around a hot spot , keep walking. There will be another spot. You are away from Facebook and your friends and family for a week, maybe 10 days. They are away months at a time.