Excursion Options

Hello, my family and I will be going on our first ever cruise on Allure in October 2017. I've been reading up on various excursions and we are considering booking some through the cruise line. Does anyone know if they typically add additional excursions as our sailing date gets closer? I don't see some things that people have mentioned doing through the cruise line in the past (Blue Lagoon outing in Nassau for example). Any chance it will be offered and just isn't listed yet?

Thanks for helping a newbie out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by MplsFamily

I'm not sure and I've only cruised a few times but ALWAYS book through the cruise line bc of something should happen (delay for instance) the cruise will wait for you. If you book independently and your late the cruise may have left port or you may be responsible for the fines incurred. Is what I've heard. with that being said I've been too nervous to use anything other than the cruise line...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Since it's a year out then they may add some excursions. If you don't see the one you want, it might be because of the hours the ship is in port. Often it won't "fit" into the schedule. For example an 8 hour tour wouldn't fit into a 6 hour port stop. Anyway, if you have a backup tour you might want to book to make sure you get it, then if the tour you want comes up you can always cancel the one and book the other. I think the rule is you can cancel any tour up to 24 hours prior to the port stop, and I've even changed tours closer in than that. They have always been really good at that.

They generally add the excursions from 6 to 12 months out. I have most of my excursions booked for the Alaska cruise next June/July.

Keep in mind, they can sell out, so it's best to book early. Also, you can cancel them if you give them 24 hours notice on the ship. We got a partial refund one excursion that was more strenuous than what they showed in the description. Much more accommodating that other cruise lines.

Edited by knittinggirl