How is the wifi on the Diamond?

Cruizerguy

Recently had some free wifi on Diamond due to moving up a loyality tier. Have to say I was quite surprised how well it worked, seemed to connect to FB etc whenever I tried and made a couple of whatsapp calls back to the UK without any trouble. We were D deck midship if position makes any difference. Have to say I wouldn't pay for it as you can always find free wifi somewhere in port, but it was a nice extra.

• 2 years later...
14 hours ago, cutepug said:

Diamond Princess just newly installed a wifi system on board called "Princess Connect". There are 3 different unlimited packages from $79.99 to $169.99.

This thread is several years old.

PrincessConnect is not a new WIFI system. Same old slow WIFI, but selling access with several unlimited plans (social, surf,  and streaming capabilities) instead of number of minutes.

MedallionNet is a new WIFI system and reports are the speeds are very good. For MedallionNet just one unlimited package is sold.

The Diamond has three different levels of service. I have always purchased the highest level and had good service. By good service I mean 95% plus of the time can connect,  do emails, downloads and uploads.... but much slower than most land systems. Friends have taken the lower basic package or the middle level package and not been so happy.  The normal price for the top level package is  $29.95 per day, but they always offer discounts of 33 to 50% if you purchase the whole cruise.