Enchantment Teen Questions

carla64

I am saving my money to take my daughter on a "Sweet 16" cruise. Does the Enchantment have many activities for teens? Does it have a Fuel club and things like that? This will be her first cruise and I want it to be very special. I was torn between the Grandeur of the Seas, Sovereign and the Enchantment due to sailing dates. I noticed the Sovereign has a whole floor dedicated to teens and adults aren't allowed there. I'm not sure I like that idea. I want to be able to walk by and see my daughter, whenever I want to. Any comments or suggestions? Thanks for any help!

All of RCI ships have activities for teens, although the amount will vary sailing to sailing due to the amount of teens onboard. Your daughter is at the age where she may only go to hang out the first night, then she will meet a bunch of friends and they will all do their own thing.

I think the Enchantment would seem like the best idea, since they just stretched her, so there may be a few more activities than on the other two ships.

I will be 20 in a few months and have been cruising with RCI since I was 9 and I have loved every cruise. The Enchantment was my first cruise actually, and I can't wait to see what they've done when I go again in May.

Good luck, and don't worry. She'll have fun no matter what ship you choose.

Any other questions, feel free to ask!

erika

Thanks Erika! I was thinking about letting her bring a friend...but I really don't have the money. Sounds to me like she will make plenty of friends on the ship and won't get bored at all.

Thanks Again!

Have you priced it with a third passenger? The price for the third is dramatically lower.

The Sovereign does not have a full floor just for teens..it is one area and you can walk by and peek in..I have walked in to check it out but it's not secluded where you are not allowed. We have taken DD on Sovereign 2x and Empress 1x since she became a teen. She liked Sovereign better because it had the Living Room and Fuel, the Empress is smaller and did not have a Dedicated teen area. She met alot of kids in the teen club and then they just hung out together. We did take a friend one time and she said that she'd rather not take firends cuz then you have to do everything together and she could not do some of the things with us she wanted to do.

When we go on the Enchantment our DD will be 2 1/2 months shy of 18. Will she be stuck with the 15-17 year olds or will they let her move up and hang out with the 18+ group (if there is such a group)? She's mature for her age and would enjoy the older group whereas she isn't interested in hanging out with the 15-17 group.

Thanks!

Once you reach 18 there are no more clubs..You can go in all the adult lounges, but are not allowed in the teen areas. If she wants to meet other teens then she will be better off going to the club, then maybe she'll meet kids close to be 18. Once they are 18 they can go to all the adult lounges. The seapass has holes to show if they are minors and what age cateogry they are in.

Thanks Erika! I was thinking about letting her bring a friend...but I really don't have the money. Sounds to me like she will make plenty of friends on the ship and won't get bored at all.

Thanks Again!

I have been bringing friends with me for quite some time, and my parents never paid for them. They either paid for it themself, or their parents did. However, since we always have to fly to take the cruise, my parents would cover the air cost.

Archived