Sea days versus port days.

PoppyandNana

Do you prefer sea days or port days?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer sea days or port days?

• Sea days
    • Maximum number of sea days
    • Port days

My vote goes to port days...... cruise ships size may be a factor.... The ports are BIGGER and allow me to stretch my legs more.

If I did Hawaii..... I would go POA where every day is a port day.

Edited by xlxo

Hmm. If you enjoy Sea days to relax, lay in the sun, have a few drinks and enjoy the odd show, you can do that for a fraction of the cost at a multitude of land resorts. .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Huh? I can't even usually find a similar price much less a 'fraction' of the price. Hell, a simple FLA beach condo can cost me as much for a week as the entire cruise fare.

Edited by ray98

I feel that if I want to just sit on a ship and relax, I can stay home and sit and relax and save money. I like seeing different places! To each his own

To me the ship is a destination....a moving resort.

Easy for us to do the poll. It's sea days all the way. I love the islands and its great to see new things, but the ultimate relaxation are the sea days. And int he last few cruises - as we have already been to many of the islands, we now make a port day into a "sea" day, but just staying on the ship. Many times, the ship is the best entertainment around.

I fully agree!

Edited by drsel

Huh? I can't even usually find a similar price much less a 'fraction' of the price. Hell, a simple FLA beach condo can cost me as much for a week as the entire cruise fare.

I guess you haven't done Thailand--Phuket, Ko Samui, Pattaya & Bangkok. Amazing value for money land holiday!

With speed boats to the islands for snorkelling or relaxing.

It depends - in Europe I want port days. Our upcoming cruise has an equal number of port days and sea days and, given that several of the port days are in Mexico (very little interest in these ports) we'll probably spend most of the cruise on board.

It's really relaxing on board when everyone else is ashore. Pool area is quiet, lounge chairs are easy to get, drink service is great. Plus if you are fortunate enough to have a balcony on the pier side great entertainment watching people return. If you're really lucky you may see that not all that rare species: pier runner.

My preference is a balance of sea days and port days. For most of the cruises I've taken, the majority of ports are back to back, with one or two sea days at the beginning or end, and occasionally a sea day in the middle. It would be great if there could be a sea day followed by a port day, another sea day, another port day, etc.

Maybe you holiday in the wrong places...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk