1st Time Palo

e2011

So we just got off the Dream today. Did the 3 night Halloween cruise and while this was number 7 on Disney, it was our first time at Palo. I have to say it was amazing. It gets my highest rating for food and service. The only drawback is the noise from the sports deck right above. These ship designers must start putting the loud bars and night clubs under the sports deck and put the high end dining experience venues in a more isolated part of the ship. But this was a minor issue that keeps me from giving Palo a 10 but it gets a solid 9 from me!

Edited by e2011

So we just got off the Dream today. Did the 3 night Halloween cruise and while this was number 7 on Disney, it was our first time at Palo. I have to say it was amazing. It gets my highest rating for food and service. The only drawback is the noise from the sports deck right above. These ship designers must start putting the loud bars and night clubs under the sports deck and put the high end dining experience venues in a more isolated part of the ship. But this was a minor issue that keeps me from giving Palo a 10 but it gets a solid 9 from me!

Well, on the Magic class ships, Palo is in an isolated area of the ship. Roughly in the same area - deck 10 aft. But there's nothing above it. When they designed the "new" ships I guess they thought that would still be fine.

We prefer Palo on the Magic and Wonder--smaller and more intimate as well as quieter. Occasionally people will stroll by outside and look in; usually if they stay for more than a few seconds, a server will draw the drapes.

However, the female bathroom by Palo on the Fantasy is a "must see."

We prefer Palo on the Magic and Wonder--smaller and more intimate as well as quieter. Occasionally people will stroll by outside and look in; usually if they stay for more than a few seconds' date=' a server will draw the drapes.

However, the female bathroom by Palo on the Fantasy is a "must see."[/quote']

For brunch, that isn't a problem as the windows are one way. It does create some interesting entertainment sometimes. We wer eating brunch once, when a man decided to primp in the reflection right in front of where we were seated. On windy days at sea, watching people fight the wind while they walk around the deck is also quite a sight to see.

For brunch, that isn't a problem as the windows are one way. It does create some interesting entertainment sometimes. We wer eating brunch once, when a man decided to primp in the reflection right in front of where we were seated. On windy days at sea, watching people fight the wind while they walk around the deck is also quite a sight to see.

Yeah, well, we've seen some pretty "interesting" stuff in front of those windows during brunch, also. There was one lady who brought her service dog up there to do it's business. And another who took the opportunity of being in a (seemingly) unpopulated area to adjust her bra.

DCL may have placed a "sandbox" up there for the dog. If you have a balcony cabin, it is placed on your balcony. If you do not have a balcony, it used to be on "Not so secret deck 7," but since that has been eliminated on both classics now, I don't know where they place it. The goal is somewhere easily available to the dog and person, but not in the normal "traffic path" on the ship. The area on deck outside Palo would fit that description.

And yes, we've also seen some interesting stuff up there, often involving clothing or lack thereof.

DCL may have placed a "sandbox" up there for the dog. If you have a balcony cabin' date=' it is placed on your balcony. If you do not have a balcony, it used to be on "Not so secret deck 7," but since that has been eliminated on both classics now, I don't know where they place it. The goal is somewhere easily available to the dog and person, but not in the normal "traffic path" on the ship. The area on deck outside Palo would fit that description.

And yes, we've also seen some interesting stuff up there, often involving clothing or lack thereof.[/quote']

There was no doggy station on the deck behind Palo. She just walked up, put down something like a cloth/paper towel sort of object and the dog used that. I will give her some points as she did pick it up to dispose of herself. It was just a bit yucky to see while eating.

On our WBTA in 2010 the box was placed on deck 4, port side, aft, just under the covered area.

33yngac.jpg

2zyg03p.jpg

There was no doggy station on the deck behind Palo. She just walked up, put down something like a cloth/paper towel sort of object and the dog used that. I will give her some points as she did pick it up to dispose of herself. It was just a bit yucky to see while eating.

On our WBTA in 2010 the box was placed on deck 4, port side, aft, just under the covered area.

33yngac.jpg

2zyg03p.jpg

I love the Keep Off the Grass sign.

Actually, some service animals are trained to go only on grass. For those, DCL provides sod in the "toddler pool." Others will use a substance that resembles cat litter, which is shown here.

THanks for the info that the new area for those without balconies is on deck 4.