Cruising Weather in late January & early February

DH30

I had to cancel my Conquest cruise scheduled to leave on 11/6/05 due to a family medical situation. As soon as I get my money back, I am planning to re-book and I'm looking at Late January or early February. What should I expect as far as temperatures at that time?

Weather should be fine... once you are out of the Galveston area. You are going during a time where the seas are typically very calm. Water temps will be in the low-mid 70's. Air temp in the low-mid 80's. Snorkel away! Only thing you may run into is some cool weather when you leave Galveston and return. The morning after embarkation you will feel a definate change for the better outside on deck.

If it were up to us, we would ONLY cruise in Jan/Feb. Our next one is on the Victory this coming January if that's any indication on how much we enjoy going in the winter!

Joe

I had to cancel my Conquest cruise scheduled to leave on 11/6/05 due to a family medical situation. As soon as I get my money back, I am planning to re-book and I'm looking at Late January or early February. What should I expect as far as temperatures at that time?

I love sailing in late January and early February. :D It is always cold and nasty here in Pittsburgh and getting away for a week fixes it so that we can survive the rest of the winter!! Plus even though there are families on board there are significantly less kids than other times of the year.

We have done eastern, western and southern. The temperatures are wonderful - 80's 'ish. Definately need shorts to be comfortable. Lots of people swim and participate in water sports so I'm confident that the water is comfortable too.

I definately recommend sailing in January or February. I say "book it" :) !

Cruised last year on the Miracle in February for Valentins day. Weather in Cozumel was 88 and sunny- no humidty. Costa may was very hot.

Water in Grand Cayman was georgeous. Something baouot leaving snow and ice and wind here in PA and coming back with a tan. I will cruise in February every year now.

Check out our group on the New Liberty for Valentines day

Cruised last year on the Miracle in February for Valentins day. Weather in Cozumel was 88 and sunny- no humidty. Costa may was very hot.

Water in Grand Cayman was georgeous. Something baouot leaving snow and ice and wind here in PA and coming back with a tan. I will cruise in February every year now.

Check out our group on the New Liberty for Valentines day

We cruised last year in late January on the Inspiration and LOVED it! Weather was gorgeous in Cozumel, definitely swimming/snorkeling temps. And comfortable on the ship as well, a slight breeze, but shorts were no problem and a light coverup during the evening was fine, only a bit of the chill from the ocean breezes.

We loved it so much we are booked again for the exact same week on the Glory for the eastern. Looking forward very much for the break from the snow and ice here in Chicago area that time of year! You have Christmas hustle and bustle done, and still have something to look forward to after the holidays. Then, get back from the cruise and get ready for racing season - thinking ahead to summer. :)

Thanks for the advice. Now I just need for that refund from Carnival to hurry back and I'll book a cruise on the Conquest between Christmas and spring baseball (I manage/coach a little league team).

We enjoyed cruising in February. As was stated in a previous post, once you cruise outside of Galveston, the temperature gets into the 80s or higher. If you are coming from the northern climates, consider coming in at least a day earlier. Snow and such complicates flight schedules that time of year.

We left out of Galveston last February. The weather was great as others have said. But, it was a little weird for the weather to be chilly for the sailaway. I was used to leaving from Florida, but it warms up quickly. The bad news is that it makes coming home even worse when it's chilly again when you wake up that last morning to disembark. :(

We cruise in January and February exclusively. Of course, we live in the mountains and get tired of winter very quickly. By January, we're ready for the Caribbean. I can only think of one cruise in 14 that the weather has been less than ideal and even then, we only had some rainy days. The water is generally warm enough for snorkeling and scuba diving which we do a lot of. You'll have a ball!

I live in Houston and have sailed out of Galveston, mostly during Jan-Mar time frames. I find the weather in late January and early February a bit cold on sail aways and on return. Last year, the first week in February we sailed away in the mid 40's. It wasn't really warm until mid afternoon on the next day. Coming home it started getting cool the afternoon of the last sea day. The weather in the Caribbean is usually great though. I find March a better sailing weather month overall.

Mike

Thanks for the input. I'm trying to get this cruise booked as soon as my refund comes in from my canceled cruise. I need to get this cruise scheduled for mid to late January due to managing my son's little league team.

Archived