Sushi delivered to a suite

skeeter195

Have any recent suite cruisers had sushi delivered(paid for) to their suite? The reason I am asking is because I always used to have it delivered in suites in past years. This March on the Gem when I asked our butler he said that he could not deliver sushi. I did not bother to ask why. In September while attending a party in a suite on the Breakaway, our friends had sushi delivered by their butler. I wonder if it depends on the ship(it should not matter, but).

I would think the biggest concern would be about how quickly seafood can go bad when uncooked. If the ship you're on is unable to guarantee extremely prompt transfer of the food from its time of preparation to when you eat it they may be concerned about liability issues should you become ill from the food.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Forums mobile app

I plan on asking my butler to deliver sushi on my November 27th cruise on BA. I will ask on a port day when the ship is pretty empty. If a butler pulled that on me his/her tip would reflect that.
If it's out of the butler's control (i.e., the restaurant refuses to allow it, for food safety or other unknown reasons)... why would you punish the butler?

What if the sushi bar is closed? I don't have my dailies from my Getaway trip anymore, but I do have the ones from my Escape trip. There is no sushi bar on Escape, but there is a Tapas bar. On port days, the Tapas bar was closed during lunch. It didn't open until 5:30 for dinner. If the sushi bar is the same way on Breakaway, and the chefs won't prepare sushi during lunch, are you still going to punish the butler?

I would have never questioned this if our friends did have it in their suite in September. I would never ask for it when the restaurant was not open. I just have some doubt about this because our butler in March was not very good, even rude at times. I just wonder if he just did not want to get it for us. He still got a $200 tip that would have been twice that or more if he was more personable.

I plan on asking my butler to deliver sushi on my November 27th cruise on BA. I will ask on a port day when the ship is pretty empty. If a butler pulled that on me his/her tip would reflect that.

Seriously. On a port day, the sushi bar will not be open. Do you expect your butler to pull out his sushi knife and start slicing fish?

Butlers will do what they are allowed to do. If they are not allowed to deliver sushi, then you should not take it out on them.

Seriously. On a port day, the sushi bar will not be open. Do you expect your butler to pull out his sushi knife and start slicing fish?

Butlers will do what they are allowed to do. If they are not allowed to deliver sushi, then you should not take it out on them.

I have no idea when Wasabi is open, and don't really care. I'd rather just go down anyway.

I would have never questioned this if our friends did have it in their suite in September. I would never ask for it when the restaurant was not open. I just have some doubt about this because our butler in March was not very good, even rude at times. I just wonder if he just did not want to get it for us. He still got a $200 tip that would have been twice that or more if he was more personable.

I never intended to say I wanted sushi when Wasabi was closed. Someone else mentioned it isn't open on port days. I really didn't know.

Anyhow to me it sounds as if he just didn't want to do that. I would have asked him why not, if he declined, just out of curiosity. If there is a valid reason he could not, that is understandable.

Edited by vince_g