Weather in January in the Caribbean

SouthernLadie

I am on the Mariner on the January 4th trip the ports are Costa Maya, Mexico, Harvest Caye, Belize and Roatan, Honduras then back to Miami. I can't find anything on the Weather Channel for any of the ports. I am losing weight and don't want to pack fall style clothes if it's going to be in the mid to high 70's. Any suggestions on how to pack? I'm a jeans girl and since I can't wear jeans after 6pm I take it I need Business Casual for dinner and nicer dress for Prime7. I am retired and my closet shows retired LOL. Also is there a formal night on Mariner I will need something fancy or Sunday dress?

Alice Faye

PS i know its early but I don't want to have to hit the malls in December to buy cruise clothes at the last minute.:eek:

Regent is fairly casual as far as cruise wear goes. If you want to dress up for the "formal" evening, dressy means anything from a pretty blouse and slacks to full on long skirts, dresses, etc. However in my experience, most people do not get really dressy. I have a long silk Tommy Bahama print dress that I'll use with a wrap. John will do a sport jacket, slacks, no tie. Regent passengers are a pretty easy going group, so if you want to get fancy, you most certainly can. Most will not go overboard....(giggle!) I'm retired too, jeans gal as well. Lots of kahkis, tees, some shorts, some nicer slacks, assorted sandals, some nice jewelry and I'm ready to go. DO NOT WORRY ABOUT CLOTHES. You'll most likely be just fine with what you've got in your closet right now.

I essentially agree with what Mudhen said, but will add that in the Caribbean there'll be AT LEAST as many men not wearing sports jackets as wearing them. There is no formal night.

On the OTHER hand, I need to say that both my husband and myself tend to feel cold (especially me), and I ALWAYS find ALL public spaces on Regent WAY over-air-conditioned. (Many do not.) So whereas you will not likely need any fall clothing for your outdoor pleasures, if you tend to get cool, I would definitely suggest bringing a wrap/sweater/jacket type thing to wear in the restaurants and such.

Have fun.

As far as dressing for the ship, good advice has been given.

As for weather, it could be chilly or beautiful. We have been on that itinerary twice, and once in December all the locals in Guatemala were wearing coats (and my husband had his lighter winter coat, and he was the envy of everyone that day.) This was during a cold snap that affected Florida and down through the Central America. It was in the 50's a couple of days, but this was a real anomaly.

Also dress for the wind, if you go on any boat trips, a windbreaker and a hat with a neck strap is a good idea.

However a friend of mine went in February last year and was cold all the way. It has always been warm for us. However, a nylon jacket would be good in case and a wrap for night. I run hot, so it is never too cold on the ship, but others have complained.