air

katfer

Some research on the Cruise Air board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128

would be very beneficial. You would see there is no "magic" time for buying airfares. You simply have to do the research, determine what the price ranges are, buy, and don't look back.

Some reading here, on the Cruise Air board, and the West Coast Departures board (where Vancouver and Seattle are covered) would reveal airfares can be high to the common Alaska serving airports, as demand during the summer season is very high.

Most search engines, like ita.matrix and Google Flight allow you to select "flexible dates" to see if there will be a difference if you fly one or two days earlier or later.

Telling us the who, what, when and wheres of your flight needs would help us help you better.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Some research on the Cruise Air board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128

would be very beneficial. You would see there is no "magic" time for buying airfares. You simply have to do the research, determine what the price ranges are, buy, and don't look back.

Some reading here, on the Cruise Air board, and the West Coast Departures board (where Vancouver and Seattle are covered) would reveal airfares can be high to the common Alaska serving airports, as demand during the summer season is very high.

Most search engines, like ita.matrix and Google Flight allow you to select "flexible dates" to see if there will be a difference if you fly one or two days earlier or later.

Telling us the who, what, when and wheres of your flight needs would help us help you better.

Thanks...Plan on leaving around August fourth, a Friday. Cruise leaves Monday the seventh from Seward,Alaska..so southbound. We live in Memphis,Tennessee. This is of four adults..3 being "senior" We disembark in Vancouver. We plan to return to Memphis around the fifteenth of August. My question is..should we book sooner or later since this cruise is several months away...are fares better if we were to leave in middle of week? Hope I am making sense..have been on several cruises but the logistics of this is somehow more difficult since we're going earlier and having to plan so much more.

Thanks...Plan on leaving around August fourth, a Friday. Cruise leaves Monday the seventh from Seward,Alaska..so southbound. We live in Memphis,Tennessee. This is of four adults..3 being "senior" We disembark in Vancouver. We plan to return to Memphis around the fifteenth of August. My question is..should we book sooner or later since this cruise is several months away...are fares better if we were to leave in middle of week? Hope I am making sense..have been on several cruises but the logistics of this is somehow more difficult since we're going earlier and having to plan so much more.

We have to fly into Anchorage,Alaska

I would expect fares to be better for mid week flights- but again, you need to do the research. Check the two sites I mentioned.

I would definitely book sooner.

There is WAY more involved then just flight costs. You do realize, if you book a "cheaper" flight "midweek", then you are going to have way more costs involved, then the "saving", compared to the later date flight?

Instead I suggest you figure out, WHAT you want out of your trip?? Certainly, more touring time in Alaska is a huge bonus- BUT- that is going to "cost" you, in transportation, lodging and meals.

Alaska is a place to take advantage of all the additional days you can- WITH good touring plans researched.

Edited by Budget Queen