Family of 9 Flying from FLL sailing from Miami

queen_jen

Hello again:

We originally book this cruise only for my husband, two kids and I. We were planning to fly the day before and take an Uber or Taxi to POM the day of the cruise. But now, my extended family is joining us. We are now 9 people, including 3 boys, ages between 5-10. My father just bought all of our plane tickets. And he didn't know want to stay on a hotel. So we are flying the same day of the cruise. Arriving to Fort Lauderdale at 8:00 am.

What is our best option for transportation to the Port of Miami. We were thinking on renting at the Airport and drop it at Miami Airport. Is this a good option. Considering that we will need transfer from Miami Airport to the cruise, and pay more money for that.

We are a little bit lost, this is the first time we flight to a Cruise and will appreciated:confused: all the help.

With that many I would contact one of the shuttles and make a group booking deal - 9 plus bags sounds like two rental mini-vans and a lot of hassle on sailing day. Check with SAS, QLS, MJS, Go Airport and others often suggested on this board. Typical fares are about $15 per person, but you should save a couple of bucks each by filling the van.

You could try two UberXL's but I suspect the shared shuttle will be cheaper and just as fast.

Larry's limos is another option to consider. Have a great cruise! :)

With that many I would contact one of the shuttles and make a group booking deal - 9 plus bags sounds like two rental mini-vans and a lot of hassle on sailing day. Check with SAS, QLS, MJS, Go Airport and others often suggested on this board. Typical fares are about $15 per person, but you should save a couple of bucks each by filling the van.

You could try two UberXL's but I suspect the shared shuttle will be cheaper and just as fast.

I agree with John. You need a mini-bus with that many people. I think Larry's Limos could work that out.

Thank You JohninDC Can you elaborate on what SAS, QLS and MJS are? I am not sure how to check for those.

You 100% need a shuttle/van service. The rental car issue will just be a hassle, especially going to Miami Airport where you would then have to get transport to the port from there anyway.

You could also do two large Ubers too.

Thank You JohninDC Can you elaborate on what SAS, QLS and MJS are? I am not sure how to check for those.

Google those initials will give you pages of stuff that us unrelated

Google shared rides from FLL to POM

these are vans that you share with other riders for cruises.

Hello again:

We originally book this cruise only for my husband, two kids and I. We were planning to fly the day before and take an Uber or Taxi to POM the day of the cruise. But now, my extended family is joining us. We are now 9 people, including 3 boys, ages between 5-10. My father just bought all of our plane tickets. And he didn't know want to stay on a hotel. So we are flying the same day of the cruise. Arriving to Fort Lauderdale at 8:00 am.

What is our best option for transportation to the Port of Miami. We were thinking on renting at the Airport and drop it at Miami Airport. Is this a good option. Considering that we will need transfer from Miami Airport to the cruise, and pay more money for that.

We are a little bit lost, this is the first time we flight to a Cruise and will appreciated:confused: all the help.

When are you taking this cruise? We are on a cruise in mid January and are in the same BOAT http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/icons/icon10.gif as we have 10 people. We are flying in the night before so we need to figure a way to get from a hotel in FLL to POM. Let me know what you guys decide to do and how it worked.

The shuttle companies usually list the hotels they pick up at on their web sites - that's the first place I would search if you have already locked in your hotel. With 10 travelling together you should fill a van and maybe qualify for a group discount rate - shop around! ;)

We are in the same boat. We are cruising in April with 7 people (4 adults, 2 pre teens and a toddler). We are flying in the night before and will be renting a 12 passenger van. We are renting through Alamo so will catch the shuttle to their shuttle to the port. We are doing this because we will arrive in Miami at around 4pm the day before the cruise and would like to go to dinner as a group, as well as walmart and the liquor store. The van rental was only $120....Fingers crossed things go smoothly lol.

I mentioned renting the van because last year we caught a red eye and arrived the same morning as our cruise. We arrived at 5am so we rented a car ($25 total) for a few hours, left the airport, had breakfast and made our usual trip to walmart, then dropped the car back off and caught the rental car shuttle to the port. It was much better than spending 5 hours just sitting in the airport before going to the port.

We're not that large of a party but flying into FLL the night before and trying to figure out how to get to the POM the next day.

Depending upon your hotel, Uber will be about $40 or shared shuttles for about $15 per person. Check with SAS, QLS, MJS, GO Airport and others.