What happens if I send NCL a check?

Bookster99

We have a cruise booked with NCL for the end of 2017, and we want to pay for it over time.

On another cruise line, they had an unpublicized policy that you could mail in checks to pay for the cruise but nothing else. I noticed the NCL has an address for travel agents to mail in checks. I wonder what would happen if a passenger used that address to mail in checks?

That way, we could set up an automatic payment with the bank, and we wouldn't have to think about it.

Has anyone else had experiences with this? Both good and bad.

Thanks!

Personally, I wouldn't do it!! Many years ago, we had a cruise scheduled on Commodore Cruise line, a small but nice line with a ship that sailed out of New Orleans.

DH not a fan of credit cards, but our travel agent had told us long before that the credit card gave you some protection.

Well, about 95 days (I think) before our cruise I learned that Commodore was filing bankruptcy. We canceled before the announcement made and got ALL our money back.

I don't worry about that with NCL but like the security of the CC Payment.

We have a cruise booked with NCL for the end of 2017, and we want to pay for it over time.

On another cruise line, they had an unpublicized policy that you could mail in checks to pay for the cruise but nothing else. I noticed the NCL has an address for travel agents to mail in checks. I wonder what would happen if a passenger used that address to mail in checks?

That way, we could set up an automatic payment with the bank, and we wouldn't have to think about it.

Thanks!

Why??? You're complicating a very simple process.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nothing wrong with sending a check! I use checks ALL the time! I LOVE checks! And, most places print them for you nowadays...you don't even have to write them out!

They will accept your payment, whether it's online or by check.

The people in line ahead of me in the express lane at the supermarket while I'm in kind of a hurry.

Who still uses check out lanes??

(Just kidding. Sort of. Our area Sam's Club allows you to pay by the app on your phone as your shop, then show the receipt as you head out the door. No lines!)

Thanks!

I book our cruises directly with the cruise line and I always pay over time by setting up an automatic payment through my bank. I did this for our January 2016 and again for our next cruise in January 2017. I never had a problem because I could track it through my bank website. NCL is a little slow to show the payment applied, sometimes up to 10 days but I make sure that final payment is made ahead of time.

Enjoy!