What to do on Grand Caymon

Rockjock64

After snorkeling, check out the Seven Fathoms rum distillery.

Where is the distillary? We've been to the Caybrew brewery. Great tour and beer samples for $6. We went there last year when my daughter was taking a course in brewing and fine beer as part of her restaurant management curriculum at UCF.

Where is the distillary? We've been to the Caybrew brewery. Great tour and beer samples for $6. We went there last year when my daughter was taking a course in brewing and fine beer as part of her restaurant management curriculum at UCF.

There is an excursion on Viator that includes tour/tasting at the rum distillery, beer brewery, rum cake factory (all unlimited sampling). The guide provides a brief island tour between stops. The day concludes with a stop at the Royal Palms Beach Club on 7 Mile Beach. The cost is $39 pp.

There is an excursion on Viator that includes tour/tasting at the rum distillery, beer brewery, rum cake factory (all unlimited sampling). The guide provides a brief island tour between stops. The day concludes with a stop at the Royal Palms Beach Club on 7 Mile Beach. The cost is $39 pp.

Have you used Viator? We were thinking of booking the tour you mentioned, or another one they have with the turtle farm instead of the beach?

We are very interested in any info regarding Viator

Thanks for any info

Safe sailing

Have you used Viator? We were thinking of booking the tour you mentioned, or another one they have with the turtle farm instead of the beach?

We are very interested in any info regarding Viator

Thanks for any info

Safe sailing

Yes! We did this tour last month and booked it through Viator. They are very convenient and I would definitely recommend them. If you have no interest in the beach, I would go to the turtle farm. I have heard good reviews about that experience as well.

Viator also offers a bar hop tour and a walking food tour, both of which might interest you.

We just got back from a November 6th Liberty of the Seas cruise from Galveston.

In Grand Cayman we took a shore excursion to Sting Ray City that included 30-40 minutes snorkeling at the Coral Gardens and 20-30 minutes at the Star Fish Beach.

We reserved on line with Native Way before leaving home and were very satisfied with the service they provided.

They met us at the pier near the tender arrival area. They took us to and from the port in a 25 seat mini bus. There were 18 people on our boat including our group of 2 senior couples and two families with young sons and a teen age son and daughter. The crew included the Native way owner and a twenty something guide/ boat driver. The guide spent a lot of time with us at Sting Ray City allowing us capture our ray experience on camera. We got to kiss, hold, pet and feed the rays. We had done this before and knew to expect a circus atmosphere and we were not disappointed. This time some waves added to the experience. The kids with the 2 families sharing our tour seemed to like jumping the waves as much as they liked the rays.

We saw rays in a more natural setting at the snorkeling stop and at Starfish Beach. The Guide brought up and cleaned a couple of Conchs (it was in season so legal) and let us taste the fresh meat while giving the kids a biology lesson.

We left the pier at 11:30 and got back about 4:30, quite a tour for $40 per person. I think it was less for kids. There was a long line to get on the tender but it went pretty fast and we were back on board in plenty of time.

Possible things to consider: The boat was not new or fancy but it had shaded seating and a sundeck on top.

Water and fruit punch were free from a big self-serve jugs you poured into plastic cups.

There was a small marine toilet aboard but no real room to change. Take snacks for the kids because you will be skipping lunch.

They provided fins and a flotation device if you wanted. I think snorkels are also available but we all had our own. They helped us put on with our fins.

They assisted anyone who needed a hand getting in and out of the water.

It is probably best not to get to the meeting place early because you will be waiting for the rest of the group. We did leave the pier at the agreed upon time.

I would not have posted if I had not been very impressed with the experience we had on this tour.

They did not try to sell us anything and did not hassle us for tips. They helped you get photos with your own camera. This small company is owned and operated by a local family which was a plus for us.

Hope you enjoy Grand Cayman,

Phyllis