New Orleans Parking Options

nealstuber

We sailed from NOLA almost 10 years ago and were able to take advantage of a sleep and sail deal. Since then, we moved to very south Texas and have cruised mostly from Galveston, except when we've flown.

So DW and I decided to ditch the kids (very late teens) for New Years and have a romantic getaway on the Carnival Dream. Only rub is that it's a 10.5 hour drive for us and the ship leaves on the 26th.

So we're still planning on doing Christmas with the Kids, and then around 1 or 2 in the afternoon saying "we're outta here, have all this Christmas crap put away before we get back." But even leaving that early, we'll probably only make it as far as North Houston and leave a 4 HR drive for embark day.

Done a little googling and don't see anything like what we're used to in Galveston, where there is outrageously priced parking furnished by the city but a slew of options from private lots at about 1/2 the price.

If there are no private lots, we'll probably just leave a couple hours earlier and drive a couple hours later to do a sleep and park deal, but would like to avoid getting exhausted on Christmas Day or paying $20/day to park if we could.

Hoping someone on this board knows about a lot with a reliable, hassle free shuttle that services the Erato terminal for $10/day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We'll be arriving NOLA sometime between noon and 2:30 for a 4:00 sail away. Unavoidable drive from Memphis. Anyone have info on traffic flow noon or after near the port. We're using Fulton garage and wonder best approach to avoid as much traffic as possible. Will also be Thanksgiving Sun.

Neil, my family is on the Christmas cruise that immediately precedes yours (Carnival Dream). We are driving in from Virginia and are looking for something similar...a nice hotel to spend the night before our cruise, and hopefully cheap parking. I've heard about sleep and park deals, but haven't found one for New Orleans yet. Anyone got any ideas

I know the Embassy suites has one and it's a great hotel. We'd love to do that, but probably won't leave our home 11 hrs away before we do presents and have a nice meal with the kids. And we'd likely be to exhausted to enjoy the hotel anyway.

We'll be playing it by ear, but that means we have to understand the costs associated with multiple options.

Have a great cruise, we did Christmas on the Caribbean Princess with the Kids last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We'll be arriving NOLA sometime between noon and 2:30 for a 4:00 sail away. Unavoidable drive from Memphis. Anyone have info on traffic flow noon or after near the port. We're using Fulton garage and wonder best approach to avoid as much traffic as possible. Will also be Thanksgiving Sun.

You come in on I10 and Exit onto Hwy 90 West for mile or so and exit at Tchoupitoulas once you exit its a few blocks to the Convention Center then around the convention center to the port so the actual cruise ship traffic is all you will be contending with. It does slow down a bit sometimes.

Dont you have to be on board 2 hours before sailing? I'd do all I can to get to the port as close to the noon end of your goal as possible.