New chefs table menu

love2traveljen

Does anyone know when the new chefs table will roll out? We are on the splendor for the New Years cruise, and have had the same chefs table menu the passed two years. We will do it again this year if it's changed. John said "soon" but not sure how soon.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just did Chef's Table last week on Pride. Here's the menu:

Chefs_Table_menu-XL.jpg

Any different? Or same old, same old?

We were on the Conquest for the Oct. 15th sailing and the old menu was still on. We have done the old menu a couple of times as well and had hoped that the new menu would be presented. Oh well. Maybe the next cruise in Feb. for the Bloggers Cruise.

Oh and the menu that was just posted is the old menu.

tigercat

My wife and I did the Chef's Table two weeks ago on the Dream. I have to say I was very underwhelmed. The worst was the Sea Bass. I had to discreetly ask the chef for a replacement. I took one bite and had to dispose of it into my napkin. It tasted like fish entrails. It was a bad piece. Second was the dessert. It was a chocolate hazelnut dessert that you literally had to chisel apart with your spoon.

I cooked in fine dining for years and if I had sent some of those courses out I would have been fired or demoted to prep cook. Because of my cooking in fine dining the idea of eating in the kitchen was not that exciting.

Four of our dinner companions had the same opinion I did. This was my only complaint on the Carnival email survey.

I had always heard good things about the experience so ours may have been a fluke but I was quite disappointed. We ate at the steakhouse twice and it was a wonderful experience both times and a much better value.

Take care,

Mike

We will be doing a brand new one on the Vista Repo. I did this menu on my last cruise and it was wonderful, loved everything except desert, for some reason they don't do an amazing desert on the CT, I've done every menu and I've never been excited. Of course it could be I'm just too full!! Enjoy! The mango sphere is amazing!!

My wife and I did the Chef's Table two weeks ago on the Dream. I have to say I was very underwhelmed. The worst was the Sea Bass. I had to discreetly ask the chef for a replacement. I took one bite and had to dispose of it into my napkin. It tasted like fish entrails. It was a bad piece. Second was the dessert. It was a chocolate hazelnut dessert that you literally had to chisel apart with your spoon.

I cooked in fine dining for years and if I had sent some of those courses out I would have been fired or demoted to prep cook. Because of my cooking in fine dining the idea of eating in the kitchen was not that exciting.

Four of our dinner companions had the same opinion I did. This was my only complaint on the Carnival email survey.

I had always heard good things about the experience so ours may have been a fluke but I was quite disappointed. We ate at the steakhouse twice and it was a wonderful experience both times and a much better value.

Take care,

Mike

Your the first person I have seen that has tasted fish entrails.... The menu at the CT is quite eclectic, guess it was not for you. I have done 5 (sans wife, who frankly would not like the majority of items, including the sea bass) and the sea bass is not my favorite, but I have not found the menu taste to vary greatly.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Your the first person I have seen that has tasted fish entrails.... The menu at the CT is quite eclectic, guess it was not for you. I have done 5 (sans wife, who frankly would not like the majority of items, including the sea bass) and the sea bass is not my favorite, but I have not found the menu taste to vary greatly.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Being a chef in the restaurant business you would be amazed at the things I have tasted. I have probably cleaned, prepared and tasted more fish, including sea bass, than you have ever eaten. Do not assume that I don't know the difference and my tastes are not very "eclectic". I know when something is bad and poorly prepared.

I believe this was a fluke because if it wasn't then the people who rave about it are just rubes who are easily swayed by eating in the kitchen, fancy presentations and the chance to drink a lot of wine.

Take care,

Mike

We are on the Dream at the end of this month and wanted to know the same thing. I asked John Heald on facebook and this was his response on 10/29/16 :D:D:D

"it already has the new menu for this coming week smile emoticon:) Cheers and let me know if there is anything I can do for you."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
We will be doing a brand new one on the Vista Repo. I did this menu on my last cruise and it was wonderful, loved everything except desert, for some reason they don't do an amazing desert on the CT, I've done every menu and I've never been excited. Of course it could be I'm just too full!! Enjoy! The mango sphere is amazing!!

How long ago was your last CT? On the last menu they had a dessert called "Chef In A Candy Store" and it was just odd, but now the chocolate dish is much better!

717031733_chefinacandystore.jpg.31b37d0db59a6f79eb8c79eebe268eff.jpg

89483189_chocolatedessert.jpg.a7dc66a6197e8da35bfd281910956c5b.jpg

Here is the menu we had on the Dream over Christmas:

Spring Peas and Matcha Soup

Berkshire Pork Belly, Shrimps

Slow Cooked Crispy Lamb

Olive Oil Poached Sea Bass

Quail, Wild Musrooms and Carnaroli

Veal, Crushed Green Apples

Citrus Cream

Chocolate Hazelnut

Edited by Morkat

Slow Cooked Crispy Lamb

Citrus Cream

Chocolate Hazelnut

Same menu we had on the Vista December 17-24. What did you think of it?

Slow Cooked Crispy Lamb

Citrus Cream

Chocolate Hazelnut

Looks great! Lamb, quail and veal...all cute, tasty animals! But all joking aside, it does look good...might have to do Chef's Table again next time we cruise.