Location of Viking's Paris Docks

chunkles

I know the Viking cruises depart from the Seine but I don't know exactly where the docks are. Could someone let me know; RE: side of the river, etc? Also, are there any suggestions on a convenient/appropriate hotel to stay in? Thanks in advance.

There have been numerous threads about Viking's docking location on Seine cruises, which is not in Paris but in Le Pecq. If you search for "Le Pecq" on this forum you can find many, including this one:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2215113&highlight=Le+Pecq

I know the Viking cruises depart from the Seine but I don't know exactly where the docks are. Could someone let me know; RE: side of the river, etc? Also, are there any suggestions on a convenient/appropriate hotel to stay in? Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

We just returned from an Avalon Paris to Normandy's Landing Beaches cruise & where the Avalon Creativity docked was right infront of a small portable office bearing a Viking Cruises signage. The dock was just infront of the Statue of Liberty, next to a bridge called the Pont de Grenelle, a half a mile or so South-West of the Eiffel Tower. There did not appear to have any activity in that office, but I didn't go in either.

The Creativity was docked here when we embarked & was where we returned to disembark.

Hi there,

We just returned from an Avalon Paris to Normandy's Landing Beaches cruise & where the Avalon Creativity docked was right infront of a small portable office bearing a Viking Cruises signage. The dock was just infront of the Statue of Liberty, next to a bridge called the Pont de Grenelle, a half a mile or so South-West of the Eiffel Tower. There did not appear to have any activity in that office, but I didn't go in either.

The Creativity was docked here when we embarked & was where we returned to disembark.

I believe Pont de Grenelle was where Viking USED to dock its smaller ships, which no longer cruise the Seine. Their bigger longships have been exiled to Le Pecq, as they are too long to turn around in Paris proper.

That is my understanding, from following these boards religiously.

I believe Pont de Grenelle was where Viking USED to dock its smaller ships, which no longer cruise the Seine. Their bigger longships have been exiled to Le Pecq, as they are too long to turn around in Paris proper.

That is my understanding, from following these boards religiously.

We sailed the Seine an a Viking longship last year FROM LE PECQ, which is 45 minutes or more from central Paris, depending on traffic. at that time there were 3 smaller Viking ships sailing the same route from the Paris location, and passengers were able to go to the Paris location and take a Viking bus to Le Pecq. Had to wait for the bus to have enough passengers to sufficiently fill the bus.

We sailed the Seine an a Viking longship last year FROM LE PECQ, which is 45 minutes or more from central Paris, depending on traffic. at that time there were 3 smaller Viking ships sailing the same route from the Paris location, and passengers were able to go to the Paris location and take a Viking bus to Le Pecq. Had to wait for the bus to have enough passengers to sufficiently fill the bus.

Tipsygirl--did you sail the Seine in 2015? I believe that was the last year Viking used the smaller ships in Paris, along with longships. For 2016, I think only longships were used on the Seine.