Fast US Passport Renewal

oceanmom

TWELVE DAYS!! Including travel time in the mail from the west coast! Printed the form from the travel.state.gov website, picture taken at Walgreens, mailed it at noon on 10/24, received new passport 10AM on 11/4.

Same thing here in September. I went to the post office for the picture and had all of the paperwork signed and ready to go, mailed it that day and voila'....9 days later it arrived in the mail. I was shocked because it was for our cruise in December and I didn't order it as a rush delivery or anything. For once, the USPS impressed me!! I feel sorry for everyone renewing next year. I'm sure it won't even come close to being the same as it was for us!!

2017 will be a watershed for passport renewals because in 2007 the State Department issued new rules regarding travel to Canada and Mexico. A passport was required and the renewals will come up next year creating a logjam of requests.

Guess I then need to make a month's leeway for our renewal next year.

Our passport renewal was really fast too. We got ours 2 weeks from the day they received it. I checked the progress on line as I was waiting. We sent ours on October 14, passport agency received on October 17 and we received new passports in mail on October 31. We needed our new passports by December for our cruise. Our old ones expire March 1, 2017, but we didn't want any problems since they would have less than 6 months left before expiring. Better safe than sorry!

My last renewal took less than two weeks for standard service. Nothing beets when I applied for my passport. My job requested me to goto Canada in two weeks so I applied at the State Department in SF. Got the passport the next day. Best thing was my job paid for it all.

Since we are on the subject of passport renewal, I heard somewhere that you can no longer get extra pages for your passport. I do not renew until 2019 but only have 3-4 pages left and will need more, and there's something about visa pages vs some other kind of pages too. Anyone know about this?

Since we are on the subject of passport renewal, I heard somewhere that you can no longer get extra pages for your passport. I do not renew until 2019 but only have 3-4 pages left and will need more, and there's something about visa pages vs some other kind of pages too. Anyone know about this?

There is no way any longer to get additional pages in your passport. If you need more pages in your passport before it expires, you will have to apply for a new passport. There are two sizes now for passports--the standard 28 page book and the larger 52-page book, so you might want to order the larger book (same price for both).