Cost to upgrade from classic beverage package to premium

elapel01

Yes, the actual cost is $11.80 per day. That is less than the cost of a martini at the Martini Bar.

However, my travel agent always gives me the Premium Beverage package as a loyalty perk - whether it is a 7 night cruise or a 46 night cruise. I also get the onboard grats paid by the travel agent. Loyalty pays off!

Celebrity then gives me the ship's credits and the unlimited internet.

I'm thinking about upgrading to Premium onboard. On a 7 night cruise, does anyone know the latest day I can upgrade? Thanks!

Im pretty sure in the past it has been up until the 1/2 way mark.

So on a 7 day cruise last day to upgrade would be day 4, which i have done.

Some bar tenders are not aware of this and may tell you otherwise. I would consult guest services once on board to clear up any miscommunications.

• 6 months later...
Who gets the 18% gratuity when upgrading? The person who sold it or is it pooled?

Since on embarkation day, everyone is pushing the packages - regular and upgrades - the seller definitely gets a commission; who knows how much; my guess is that at least some of the 18% goes into the pool.

Most drinks only cost $1 each to upgrade from the Classic Package - unless you only drink the Premiums it's not really worth it IMO

We just got off Eclipse and looked at upgrading but at $283.20 for the two of us for the cruise, I'd rather save the cash - I think we ended paying just $50 extra by paying the $1 premium when we had something off the "expensive" list.