Shared Shuttle-Port of Miami To 17th Street- Fort Lauderdale?

NHNEV2003

We're arriving back to the Port of Miami on December 3rd and going to stay a couple of nights at the Embassy Suites on 17th Street in Fort Lauderdale.

I'm trying to find out if there is a company that offers shared shuttles for this specific trip.

SAS and QLS do not go to 17th Street from Miami port; I've priced Larry's Limo (no shared service); I have an idea what Uber or Lyft would be (unless this is a time when the price gets jacked up).

In the past we've used dedicated sedans or taxis, or gone to FLL Airport and then taxi'd over, etc.

Anyone specifically go from Miami port to a hotel on 17th Street in Fort Lauderdale?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would also check with MJS, Go Airport and some of the other shared shuttles often suggested on this board. Unless you have a big group I suspect any shuttle will take the other passengers to FLL and then maybe agree to take you to ES

I know MJS used to do drop off at hotels but within the last year they have discontinued doing this. They said they are just too busy moving people from the port to the airport and back to the port. While disappointing I do understand how these extra stops would impact the number of round trips they can do.

We ended up using John's car service which wasn't bad cost wise because we had 2 couples.

Thanks for the quick replies.

I am finding that SAS and QLS stopped serving a # of hotels---QLS has a specific list within a 3 mile radius of the airport.

It does make sense for them to strictly service the airport--that's where the # of travelers will be going to/ from.

I will check MJS.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is my 2nd time looking at getting transportation from Port of Miami to Embassy Suites on 17th. Never found any company that would do it so ended up booking the NCL shuttle to Fort Lauderdale airport and then taxi to the hotel. This year we have to get from Port Everglades to Port of Miami same morning. After Getaway we have to make our way back to Embassy Suites again. As far as what I could find out was that it is illegal for them to pick up in the Fort Lauderdale downtown/port area and transport you to Miami destinations other than the airport. Will be watching for replies to this thread and looking for valid options.

We've done the port-to-airport-to-17th Street in the past. When it's all said and done, you've saved maybe $50 for a pain in the rear trip.

We did Larry's Limo last year due to my gf being on crutches and wanted a dedicated sedan.

Their service is outstanding and I will probably just book with them again.

Thanks for all your help!

Sent from my iPad using Forums