rain in the caribbean

Roaming Rover

It rains for 5 minutes and then it dries just as quick. The first time I went, the forecast was for rain every day. But it's rarely prolonged. I think February and March are the driest months. You may still get some rain at this time of the year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It certainly doesn't rain every day in most islands! We did take those plastic cape things that fold up into a small packet but we've never used them. I do take a small umbrella - it was certainly a picture as I was on a rain forest walk, can't remember which island, walking along carrying an M&S umbrella! Now all I take is the small umbrella. We've never had a two week cruise with more than very short periods of rain on one or two islands. We've had more two week cruises in the Caribbean with no rain at all than ones where it rained.

We went to the Caribbean in March a few years back and it rained in every port of call some for more than 5 minutes and it did impact on the day. In Tortola when we arrived there was a fine drizzle and the Captain announced dont worry it is like this at this time of year it will soon stop and the sun will be cracking the flags. Well it gradually got worse until streets were flooded and to escape the rain we went in Prussers bar and it was packed for the whole afternoon of fellow P&O cruisers.

When it rains in that part of the world it doesn't do half measures !!!

The heaviest rain I've ever encountered anywhere was driving on the freeway in south Florida, had to stop the car because we literally could not see six inches beyond the front edge of the bonnet, like driving into Nigagra Falls.

We went to the Caribbean in March a few years back and it rained in every port of call some for more than 5 minutes and it did impact on the day. In Tortola when we arrived there was a fine drizzle and the Captain announced dont worry it is like this at this time of year it will soon stop and the sun will be cracking the flags. Well it gradually got worse until streets were flooded and to escape the rain we went in Prussers bar and it was packed for the whole afternoon of fellow P&O cruisers.

Don't think I could spend a whole afternoon in Pussers and then find the ship !!