What Exactly are the Perks with Group Booking?

zaknzoey

Does anyone know what perks you get with group booking? I was reading CC the other day and someone, on one thread, mentioned something like one of the perks was the group didn't have to pay the 18% for the drink package? :eek:

Is that correct? :confused:

What other perks do you get with group booking?

From the NCL website: https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/group-cruises

Options for Group Cruising

Norwegian Cruise Line is thrilled to offer the following new options of benefits and amenities for you to customize your group's needs.

Option 1: For every 14 passengers and 7 cabins, 2 cruise free

-OR-

Option 2: For every 14 passengers and 7 cabins, 1 cruises free

PLUS your choice from the following amenities:

Choose Two:

250-minute Internet package

$50 Per Port Shore Excursion Credit**

Pre-Paid Service Charges***

Four-Day Specialty Dining Package***

Choice of an Ultimate Beverage Package*

20 Image Photo Package

$75 OBC

$75 Fundraiser Credit

$75 Bonus Commission

* For first and second guest in each stateroom . UBP option not available on Norwegian Sky or Pride of America

**Maximum of four ports

***For first and second guest in each stateroom

Hmm.......well, in looking at that, I guess unless you are the one (or two) who cruise free, I don't really see much advantage to group booking. Most of the choices in the list are what they offer anyway. :(

Does anyone know what the "fundraiser credit" or "bonus commission" is?

The major perks of a group include a free fare per 7 cabins, and the group does NOT pay the service charge on the beverage package (if that's the perk you choose). The fundraiser credit means they will give money to a charity: basically, they are giving the OBC to a charity instead of to the passengers. Likewise, bonus commission means the OBC will go to your travel agent.

We just booked a group . For every 8 cabins you get one fare free. That fare can be divided to the group.

It's actually one free fare for every 7 cabins. Most other cruise lines require 8, however.

I'm a travel agent and just spent loads of time researching all this and booking a group of 18. I wish I could advertise my services, but CC won't let me! Have a great trip.

We just changed our reservation to a group booking this past week and it only requires 7 cabins and 14 people. We will get a credit for one passenger, will not have to pay the gratuities on the beverage package ($199 savings per cabin) and will get our daily service charges paid ($189 savings per cabin). Only made sense to change it to a group booking. We are very excited! We did all this through our NCL personal cruise consultant.

Edited by travelerblue

We just booked a group . For every 8 cabins you get one fare free. That fare can be divided to the group.

We have a group as well, and it is 7 cabins. We didn't end up getting enough cabins so far to get one free, but we can still add to it so I'm hoping we do. If so, we plan to split the "free fare" between the group.

Also we saved the tax on the "free perks" which is a good deal too.

We have a group as well, and it is 7 cabins. We didn't end up getting enough cabins so far to get one free, but we can still add to it so I'm hoping we do. If so, we plan to split the "free fare" between the group.

Also we saved the tax on the "free perks" which is a good deal too.

Is it because there are less than 14 people going? I'm confused.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I booked three different groups for company trips earlier this year and my PCC told me there were now 3 programs to choose from. Below were the three programs.

If you choose program A your 2 free fares are for the rate category you have the most cabins booked in. Plan it right and you could get a really great deal on a GV!!!!

FS Program A

2 Free Fares for every 7 cabins booked

FS Program B

1 Free Fare for every 7 cabins booked

One Amenity:

◦Ultimate Beverage Package (For Guest 1 & 2)

◦Pre-Paid Gratuities (For Guest 1 & 2)

FS Program C

Two Amenities:

◦250 Minute Wifi Package

◦Cocktail Party

◦$50 per port Shore Excursion Credit

◦4 Night Specialty Dining Package (For Guest 1 & 2)

◦20 Photograph Package

◦$75 On Board Credit

◦$75 Fundraiser Credit

We just changed our reservation to a group booking this past week and it only requires 7 cabins and 14 people. We will get a credit for one passenger, will not have to pay the gratuities on the beverage package ($199 savings per cabin) and will get our daily service charges paid ($189 savings per cabin). Only made sense to change it to a group booking. We are very excited! We did all this through our NCL personal cruise consultant.

You got both the beverage gratuities and the prepaid service charges included without having to choose the prepaid service charges as one of your free at sea options? I don't think that is the same as what I was told. Also, although I was told about not paying the beverage gratuities being a perk, I don't see it listed on the website. Very confusing.

so far we only have 3 cabins (6 people) in our group. We still get all the same perks (2 free at see, PLUS not paying the gratuities on them) as a group. We just haven't hit the "free" people yet becuse we don't have 7 cabins/14 people.

Well I have 7 cabins in total but one is a studio with 13 people.

What do you think is it a group?????

If you answer yes I should call somebody else besides my NCL rep.

Cruise critics is a great place to learn stuff.:)

I have a group Booking with 12 cabins currently and I am sure we will reach 16 , as well as the $ 75.00 per cabin credit , I choose to share my 2 passenger tour conductor credit evenly among the group . So if the TC credit was $2000 Each cabin will get $125.00 plus the $75.00 obc for a total of $200 obc per cabin . I feel this is the only fair way to do it ,otherwise I feel like I am cruising off my friends

I booked three different groups for company trips earlier this year and my PCC told me there were now 3 programs to choose from. Below were the three programs.

If you choose program A your 2 free fares are for the rate category you have the most cabins booked in. Plan it right and you could get a really great deal on a GV!!!!

FS Program A

2 Free Fares for every 7 cabins booked

FS Program B

One Amenity:

◦Ultimate Beverage Package (For Guest 1 & 2)

◦Pre-Paid Gratuities (For Guest 1 & 2)

FS Program C

Two Amenities:

◦250 Minute Wifi Package

◦Cocktail Party

◦$50 per port Shore Excursion Credit

◦4 Night Specialty Dining Package (For Guest 1 & 2)

◦20 Photograph Package

◦$75 On Board Credit

◦$75 Fundraiser Credit

This has changed. Now you can get both pre-paid gratuities AND the beverage package. You choose two from a long list of perks that now includes all those under Program B and Program C. And yes, I know the website has not been updated yet, but trust me, it's the new way as of September.

You got both the beverage gratuities and the prepaid service charges included without having to choose the prepaid service charges as one of your free at sea options? I don't think that is the same as what I was told. Also, although I was told about not paying the beverage gratuities being a perk, I don't see it listed on the website. Very confusing.

Yes, you are confusing the two things. The PERK of pre-paid gratuities refers to the mandatory daily gratuities charged to your room for your room steward, dining staff, etc. There is also an 18% service charge automatically applied to all beverage packages. These are two entirely different beasts. The waiving of the 18% service charge from the beverage package perk is not a perk itself, just a little bonus for booking as a group (a.k.a they don't really advertise it). Hope this makes sense!

Edited by stickey_mouse

Well I have 7 cabins in total but one is a studio with 13 people.

What do you think is it a group?????

If you answer yes I should call somebody else besides my NCL rep.

Cruise critics is a great place to learn stuff.:)

How about 14 passengers, and 4 cabins? I have gone through the group coordinator for our dinner reservations, but nothing else. Should we be getting anything?

Nope, I'm afraid both of you do not qualify. You are required to have BOTH 7 cabins AND 14 passengers. One of the two is not enough. Sorry. :(

I have a group Booking with 12 cabins currently and I am sure we will reach 16 , as well as the $ 75.00 per cabin credit , I choose to share my 2 passenger tour conductor credit evenly among the group . So if the TC credit was $2000 Each cabin will get $125.00 plus the $75.00 obc for a total of $200 obc per cabin . I feel this is the only fair way to do it ,otherwise I feel like I am cruising off my friends

You would only need two more cabins (14 total) to qualify for another credit (assuming all of these are double occupancy). And while $200 OBC per cabin is pretty sweet, I would consider the beverage package as your perk and only collecting one tour conductor credit. The beverage package is very pricey, and if those in your group are big alcohol/soda drinkers, this is the better deal.

I was in contact with my NCL rep last week and he told me 8 cabins. What I read was the same as Sauer-kraut said on the NCL web site.:confused:

Maybe only TA's can get a group rate for 7 cabins

Omg, Lisa I was randomly looking thru this thread and saw your photo. I don't know if you remember me but I met you a few years ago on the A O S with that huge group. How's your mom doing? Does your husband still drink those bushwhackers? What a drink that was. I have been sailing on the Gem to New England and Canada. Your country and people are so beautiful.

Bonni

Omg, Lisa I was randomly looking thru this thread and saw your photo. I don't know if you remember me but I met you a few years ago on the A O S with that huge group. How's your mom doing? Does your husband still drink those bushwhackers? What a drink that was. I have been sailing on the Gem to New England and Canada. Your country and people are so beautiful.

Bonni

Did you sail that year with your sister?

My mom is great I'm planning her 70th birthday party and is going on the Epic with me.

My husband and I still drink bushwhackers many of them with the free beverage package NCL has going on.

Come cruise with us again I'm trying to get a group discount. :)

no List, I sailed with a friend who is a littld taller than me. I was the shortest in the group. I went on the "Sugar" tour that you so nicely arranged on the bus with your Mom and had dinner with her one night. Happy birthday to her. Would love to go in January but I am now a Fraternity Chef so I only cruise in June, at least for now.