Once a day room cleaning trial.

Hotdog 52

Twice-a-day service is alive and well on the Pride.

Shortly after we arrived in our cabin last week on the Pride, our steward stopped by to introduce herself and asked us to fill out a form she had on a clipboard. It gave us a choice of service for morning, evening or both. It also gave us the opportunity to request robes, extra pillows, extra blankets and more. We filled out the card, gave it back to her and that was that. No drama.

We were on the pride the week of October 23 and our room steward never gave us the card. We had twice a day service. Even when we told him he didn't have to come in one evening, he still came in while we were at dinner which was nice

Edited by minni323

Why would they not change the sheets? Are you saying they don't put clean sheets on the bed??

Nope. They change them - I think once at best - on a 7 day cruise. They are just really good at making a nice tight bed! They will of course change them if the are obviously dirty:rolleyes:

You of course get fresh sheets when you board...:D

Think about it - have you ever seen a pile of sheets in the halls during the cruise like you do the morning you disembark?

Nope. They change them - I think once at best - on a 7 day cruise. They are just really good at making a nice tight bed! They will of course change them if the are obviously dirty:rolleyes:

You of course get fresh sheets when you board...:D

Think about it - have you ever seen a pile of sheets in the halls during the cruise like you do the morning you disembark?

I'm ok with that but it still feels nice I guess because they have them made up so well 😁

I'm ok with that but it still feels nice I guess because they have them made up so well [emoji16]

Carnival's heavenly bedding is really nice and I doubt you would be nicely surprised with what they do and the turn down service.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On Splendor, early September, I was not asked which one I prefer, nor told that there would only be once a day. Yet, my room was done in the morning, and fun times would be in the mail slot in the evening. For, me; travelling solo was no problem, including towels. Always enough towels, TP, and kleenex etc. I dont mess up the room at all. In talking with other folks on board though, some said they were told it would be once a day, and given a choice, and others had twice a day without ever being discussed.

I really dont have an issue with once a day for me; but can fully understand the need for twice a day for other people, parties of two and more, and especially those with children. What I have a slight problem with is having to pay extra service charge, but getting less service. I am not the type to have guest service adjust it, and just rather pay it, but it somehow does not seem right to increase the service charge, yet decrease the service. JMHO though.

Just off the Miracle yesterday, our room steward asked on his first meeting with us if we would prefer "morning or evening" service. I was listening quite closely as I knew this could potentially come up...and he definitely said 'or'. I asked if both were an option, and our stateroom steward hesitantly stated it was... but he wasn't happy about it. We definitely did not receive the friendly vibe we are used to.

We did tip him above the pre-paid tips anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I want twice a day and will cruise lines that offer it. When Carnival cuts it down to once a day with no option, I'm out.

I am Diamond, and it would be a deal breaker for me also.

I am going on the Splendor in two weeks and will see what happens. if They offer both as an option, fine. If they try to push us into once, I will still ask for twice, but if they are too pushy or even rude, not only will I refrain from giving the extra amount that I always give to the stewards, but will cut the auto-grat also.

I really resent Carnival placing us into a situation like this, but I am hoping that this is overblown.

I am Diamond, and it would be a deal breaker for me also.

I am going on the Splendor in two weeks and will see what happens. if They offer both as an option, fine. If they try to push us into once, I will still ask for twice, but if they are too pushy or even rude, not only will I refrain from giving the extra amount that I always give to the stewards, but will cut the auto-grat also.

I really resent Carnival placing us into a situation like this, but I am hoping that this is overblown.

I am Diamond too and it would also be a deal breaker for us. It is not being overblown. CCL paid Boston Consulting a bundle to come up with the idea that their demographic only wants once a day servicing. They figure they can increase the number of cabins and decrease the number of stewards and save $$$$. I had a long discussion about this on my last cruise with both the Housekeeping Manager and Guest Services Manager and I was told by the HR Manager that if I didn't like it I should find another cruise line. She also said if the stewards didn't like it they could also leave since they were loads of others waiting to get a job like that.

It was particularly stupid of Carnival to start a trial of this around the same time they raised the gratuities again.

We just got off the Glory yesterday. I promised Jimbo I would report on this topic after the cruise, so...

We got twice a day service, no card, no questions asked. It just happened, as on every other Carnival cruise I've been on. I was so relieved to not have to adjust gratuities. We also had an ice bucket in the room and it was filled twice a day. Thanks Carnival.

They'll give you 1x a day, but they won't offer a discount for it.

For those that want 1x, have at it. I support you having the option to have services tailored to your desire.

But it's not my preference and won't be railroaded by a steward that tries to push it on me. 2X if they want tips.

I don't agree with you on much but I do on this. 2x cleaning = full tips. 1x cleaning = half tips. Their choice.

I think everybody is getting all hyped up over nothing.

They tried to see if it would fly. It didn't. Just ask for twice a day and you will get it.

If, for some stewards who didn't get the memo (or are trying to get out of some work), just call guest services and request (meaning demand) it. It should not be a problem.

Carnivals policy is to please the guest with their choice of services- once a day or twice a day.

You would think if that was the case there would be no more forms to fill out. They would just clean twice a day and be done with it. I'm far from believing this trial is over.

You would think if that was the case there would be no more forms to fill out. They would just clean twice a day and be done with it. I'm far from believing this trial is over.

Trial is still going on and will end with them telling us almost everyone is happy with once a day and we will give the customers what they want.

I think everybody is getting all hyped up over nothing.

They tried to see if it would fly. It didn't. Just ask for twice a day and you will get it.

If, for some stewards who didn't get the memo (or are trying to get out of some work), just call guest services and request (meaning demand) it. It should not be a problem.

Carnivals policy is to please the guest with their choice of services- once a day or twice a day.

While I can't argue with your rationale or your post, the only comment I would make is in regards to relying it and it failed. First, the trial is still going on, and second I would not describe it as a failure. There are many who have chosen once a day (either early or late) as their preferred way to have their cabin serviced. I would not describe that as a failure

Oh, by all means, I agree with you. I don't think of this as a trial to get down to once a day service, but to try to save some work for the stewards if, and only if, the customer wanted to have only once a day service.

I think that Carnival saw where some customers thought that too much service was given and wanted only once a day service. This was a way to offer that to those who wanted it and was not a way to cram it down the throats of those who did not.

Simple put, this gives people who only want service once a day exactly that. And those that want twice a day, it is business as usual. Just ask for it and it will be given. With the exceptions ( as some posters say it has happen), that a steward has gotten snippy with them when they asked for twice a day service, and it was not warmly received. I think this is the case where the steward has been misinformed and needs to be called to the carpet.

My opinion, this is not a big conspiracy to cut services without the customer having a say.

Oh, by all means, I agree with you. I don't think of this as a trial to get down to once a day service, but to try to save some work for the stewards if, and only if, the customer wanted to have only once a day service.

I think that Carnival saw where some customers thought that too much service was given and wanted only once a day service. This was a way to offer that to those who wanted it and was not a way to cram it down the throats of those who did not.

Simple put, this gives people who only want service once a day exactly that. And those that want twice a day, it is business as usual. Just ask for it and it will be given. With the exceptions ( as some posters say it has happen), that a steward has gotten snippy with them when they asked for twice a day service, and it was not warmly received. I think this is the case where the steward has been misinformed and needs to be called to the carpet.

My opinion, this is not a big conspiracy to cut services without the customer having a say.

I would agree with you, except that the reports of various stewards pushing once a day service on multiple ships still continue about a year after this trial began. Clearly, either Carnival is tolerating that behavior by stewards or there is a serious problem with instructing and managing staff. I've always found Carnival's staff to be excellent, so this is worrisome.

Allowing guests to choose online before their cruise would avoid uncomfortable encounters with stewards and prevent stewards from pushing once-a-day. It could also allow cabins to be assigned to stewards in a way that balances their workload. If everyone in an area wanted twice-a-day service, that steward could be assigned fewer cabins for that cruise, allowing the steward to adequately provide the requested service without working longer hours. That way, there's no guilt or resentment between guests and staff.

I would agree with you, except that the reports of various stewards pushing once a day service on multiple ships still continue about a year after this trial began. Clearly, either Carnival is tolerating that behavior by stewards or there is a serious problem with instructing and managing staff. I've always found Carnival's staff to be excellent, so this is worrisome.

Allowing guests to choose online before their cruise would avoid uncomfortable encounters with stewards and prevent stewards from pushing once-a-day. It could also allow cabins to be assigned to stewards in a way that balances their workload. If everyone in an area wanted twice-a-day service, that steward could be assigned fewer cabins for that cruise, allowing the steward to adequately provide the requested service without working longer hours. That way, there's no guilt or resentment between guests and staff.

excellent idea

Trial is still going on and will end with them telling us almost everyone is happy with once a day and we will give the customers what they want.

I believe this. I also think the enhanced turn down service that suites get plays into this as well. May also be part of the new and improved loyalty program....

Edited by figdu