How do I get this onboard? (prob a parent ques.)

Lyn1Lyn

I would have posted this on "family cruise", but it tends to be slow over there.

I am trying to figure out the best way to get my sons Rock and Play onboard. (Pic attached)

The legs can be removed half way up and it folds in half flat.. making it approx 30 inches long x 15-17inches tall or so..

How can I get this on? If I wrap it up in a garbage bag and check it, is there a way I can ensure it won't get damaged?

Not sure if it's too large to carry on, put in a carry on or my luggage.

621126306_RocknPLay.jpg.7550116e0985841e73fcb60002d363f8.jpg

If it folds enough to put in a suitcase, do that. Otherwise, I'd keep it with me....have you seen how they fling the luggage about? I wouldn't want to risk it breaking. You CAN carry it on.

Edited by cb at sea

As annoying as it is, the best way to make sure it gets on safely would be to carry the bottom part, and then you can get the cushion top into a suitcase that would be ideal. You might be able to wear a backpack and use the backpack as a kind of "carrying" case so you can hold it on your back (like using the straps to hold up the frame). But it would suck for it to get to your room broken, and then you don't have it, and I know how important those are for good sleep with babies.

As annoying as it is, the best way to make sure it gets on safely would be to carry the bottom part, and then you can get the cushion top into a suitcase that would be ideal. You might be able to wear a backpack and use the backpack as a kind of "carrying" case so you can hold it on your back (like using the straps to hold up the frame). But it would suck for it to get to your room broken, and then you don't have it, and I know how important those are for good sleep with babies.

If it folds enough to put in a suitcase, do that. Otherwise, I'd keep it with me....have you seen how they fling the luggage about? I wouldn't want to risk it breaking. You CAN carry it on.

Thank you, carry on it will be.. Will they stop me if it can't fit through xray machine?

Thank you, carry on it will be.. Will they stop me if it can't fit through xray machine?

Carry-On Luggage

Guests are encouraged to limit their luggage to two suitcases per guest.For those guests who wish to carry on luggage, it must fit through the security screening machine. When laying flat, it must not exceed 16 inches high x 24 inches wide (40.64cm x 60.96cm); the length of the bag is not a factor. Anything larger, must be checked-in with a curbside porter. We suggest that all luggage be unlocked and have a Carnival luggage tag attached listing the guest's name and stateroom number.

I would have posted this on "family cruise", but it tends to be slow over there.

I am trying to figure out the best way to get my sons Rock and Play onboard. (Pic attached)

The legs can be removed half way up and it folds in half flat.. making it approx 30 inches long x 15-17inches tall or so..

How can I get this on? If I wrap it up in a garbage bag and check it, is there a way I can ensure it won't get damaged?

Not sure if it's too large to carry on, put in a carry on or my luggage.

If it doesn't fit in a suitcase - I wouldn't put it in a black or white garbage bag to board. At most I'd use a clear bag which will eliminate it being a problem if it doesn't fit in the scanner. Rather, I think I'd use tie wraps to keep it folded and just carry it. Just a thought.:rolleyes:

let's flip it around.

If you were in charge of securing 3000 guests and workers and a $1B ship, would you let it on without being inspected?

I know this isn't the same as a stroller, but I've seen parents with strollers take them on the ship, and apparently got through security without a problem. I can't imagine that you'd have any problem carrying your Rock and Play with you onto the ship.

let's flip it around.

If you were in charge of securing 3000 guests and workers and a $1B ship, would you let it on without being inspected?

Let's flip it around.....

I was asking if they will stop me if I am carrying it and make me bring it back to the car. At an airport, they would use a hand scanner...

Can you get a smaller cheaper bouncy seat that you could use just for your cruise?

This is more of a hammock.. It doesn't actually bounce or move for that matter unless I rock it with my hand. My little guy uses it for sleeping, not playing.

But like I said, I will just try to carry it on.

Carry-On Luggage

Guests are encouraged to limit their luggage to two suitcases per guest.For those guests who wish to carry on luggage, it must fit through the security screening machine. When laying flat, it must not exceed 16 inches high x 24 inches wide (40.64cm x 60.96cm); the length of the bag is not a factor. Anything larger, must be checked-in with a curbside porter. We suggest that all luggage be unlocked and have a Carnival luggage tag attached listing the guest's name and stateroom number.

Thanks so much!!

Let's flip it around.....

I was asking if they will stop me if I am carrying it and make me bring it back to the car. At an airport, they would use a hand scanner...

You didn't ask that question. Mind reading is not my forte.

Yes, they will stop you and hand scan you