How early before final payment does your TA contact you?

My normal TA has left her company and a new person I've never met is now in charge of my cruise bookings. I have the final payment date marked on my calendar with a reminder for two days before. However as we approach it, I'm wondering whether the travel agent will actually contact me to remind me about final payment.

Best to contact her and ask for confirmation of the payment date....it may jog her memory. We always pay a week or so before if going through a TA, as the payment has to pass through their system.

Worst thing is to miss the payment and have it cancelled out on you.:rolleyes:

I don't think I've ever been contacted by a TA about final payment - or even the cruise line when direct.

I just note to myself when to pay, and pay then. As I'm the one who at worst loses out from any impact, better to make sure it's done rather than relying on others. Given you don't get interest any more it doesn't make any benefit to wait til the last minute anyway.

Our travel agent usually contacts us about 10 days before cruiseline's final payment due date. However, we are also watching the dates ourselves. We also contact travel agent frequently throughout the whole process especially if we see on cruise critics that specials have been offered. Doing that saved us over $2000 early on due to price drops on both cruises. We also got free gratuities which definitely add up with 42 days of cruising! Also got a free specialty restaurant dinner on both cruises after contacting travel agent. It definitely pays to be proactive and stay on top of your booking even when using a travel agent. You don't pay to use a travel agent (at least here in Canada) and it is much easier for us to monitor our reservations than our travel agent who has multiple bookings to oversee and may not see offered specials as quickly as we do.

Hi Kat,

I would think it's up to you to ensure payment is made before the due date. I've never had a reminder issued by a TA. Clearance times on cards should be figured into the timing as well. I make final payment at least a week or 2 before, but then I always err on a safe margin.

Enjoy your cruise :)

We always get a reminder from the TA around 10 days prior to the final payment date, and the TA sets the "due date" 1 week prior to the Princess due date. Never going to miss a payment deadline, or have to rely on myself to remember it :D