Bring wine on board

Can I bring two bottles of wine on board the Anthem?

RC allows two 750ml bottles of wine per stateroom, regardless of the number of guests in the stateroom. You can take the wine anywhere on the ship with no corkage fees.

I've always wondered...

For family cruises, we typically get two connecting rooms since we are a family of five. We've typically booked one parent in each room specifically so that we can bring two bottles of wine for each stateroom. In reality, once on board us parents share one room and the kids the other.

However, with connecting rooms I think you can book it with all the minors in one room and the parents in the other. Can you still bring four bottles in this situation? I think not?

Dan

On our recent Anthem cruise we had 2 - 750ml bottles of wine, wrapped in bubble wrap in a backpack. The security screener said - "2 bottles of wine?", I said yes and that was it. Never looked at it...could of been 2 bottles of vodka or gin!

;)

When we took our kids on a cruise, back in 2007, we had connecting rooms but we did have to book one parent in each room.

We've done two family cruises with the kids. We didn't know about the wine allowance on the first family cruise. I went back and looked at the invoices for that cruise, and sure enough, all three kids were booked in one room and we were booked in the other. RCI will let you do this with connecting rooms. I booked that cruise over the phone. Not sure if the website will let you do that though. Haven't tried.

This year, for our second family cruise we put a parent in each room just to make sure we didn't have any hassle with the wine allowance. Once onboard, us parents took one room and the kids the other.

It made a bit of a hassle for room keys though. It wasn't a big deal, but two of us five had a key that opened the door to the room they weren't sleeping in. No biggie, you just walk through the connecting doorway. However, if we can eliminate this hassle by booking all three kids in one room, and still carryon four bottles of wine, we would certainly prefer that option.

Dan

Edited by The Fun Researcher

I've always wondered...

For family cruises, we typically get two connecting rooms since we are a family of five. We've typically booked one parent in each room specifically so that we can bring two bottles of wine for each stateroom. In reality, once on board us parents share one room and the kids the other.

However, with connecting rooms I think you can book it with all the minors in one room and the parents in the other. Can you still bring four bottles in this situation? I think not?

Dan

We are booked next week on Oasis. I originally booked 2 adults in one cabin and 2 minors in the connecting cabin.

I had read here at Cruise Critic that we may not be allowed to bring on 4 bottles of wine since there was no adult in the 2nd cabin.

I emailed Royal and they confirmed that there must be an adult in the cabin in order to have the allowance for 2 bottles of wine in the 2nd cabin.

Now, I'm pretty sure that we could have brought the 4 bottles of wine on board without difficulty - but just in case I had the TA change the reservation so that we have one adult in each cabin.

The TA updated the reservation within minutes.

We are booked next week on Oasis. I originally booked 2 adults in one cabin and 2 minors in the connecting cabin.

I had read here at Cruise Critic that we may not be allowed to bring on 4 bottles of wine since there was no adult in the 2nd cabin.

I emailed Royal and they confirmed that there must be an adult in the cabin in order to have the allowance for 2 bottles of wine in the 2nd cabin.

Now, I'm pretty sure that we could have brought the 4 bottles of wine on board without difficulty - but just in case I had the TA change the reservation so that we have one adult in each cabin.

The TA updated the reservation within minutes.

Thank you.

Dan

I've always wondered...

Dan

You should have no problem. I've see many people bring two of the big bottles also, not the little 750's, have never seen anyone denied.

• 2 weeks later...
(snip)

It made a bit of a hassle for room keys though. It wasn't a big deal, but two of us five had a key that opened the door to the room they weren't sleeping in. No biggie, you just walk through the connecting doorway. However, if we can eliminate this hassle by booking all three kids in one room, and still carryon four bottles of wine, we would certainly prefer that option.

Dan

Guest services will make you a key that opens another door as long as you are the person paying for it. So you could have gotten a key to open the door that you were sleeping in easily.

Your understanding is wrong. You may have gotten away with it but a magnum is not allowed.

1.5 is not a magnum, its equivalent to 2-,750 bottles.

If I am reading your post correctly, Darlzee, you are saying that a magnum is not 1.5 liters because it is equivalent to two 750 ml bottles. Am I reading that correctly?

Two times 750 liters is 1.5 liters. A magnum.

If I am reading your post correctly, Darlzee, you are saying that a magnum is not 1.5 liters because it is equivalent to two 750 ml bottles. Am I reading that correctly?

It sounds like Darlzee is saying 1.5 is not a magnum?? Hmmmm

Not sure what Darlzee's point was. My point was only 2 0.75l bottles are allowed, no substitutes. Magnum or not, a 1.5l bottle is against policy.

Not sure what Darlzee's point was. My point was only 2 0.75l bottles are allowed, no substitutes. Magnum or not, a 1.5l bottle is against policy.

I agree. (it's against policy).

So is wine in a box, but I know lots of people who have brought on box wines.