Ventura cabins

Ginjoli

We are sailing on the Ventura for the first time in July 2017 - Canary Islands itinerary- and have pre-booked Cabin B433. Since booking, have been advised by a friend to change to a cabin on C Deck as balconies bigger plus get the sun all day, whereas B Deck balconies in the shade.

Has anyone occupied cabin B433 or thereabouts and would you advise requesting a change of cabin (if in fact P&O would accommodate request)

Many thanks

Personally I would always choose C deck for balconies on Azura and Ventura, the balcony is double the depth of the others with part shaded and part open to the sun.

The only downside is that the open part can be viewed from balconies above, but this has never bothered us.

You may find there are no C deck cabins available as they sell out first, but there is nothing wrong with B deck balconies, they are just smaller and fully covered.

Edited by terrierjohn

Many thanks both of you for your helpful replies.

Have decided to stick with our pre-booked cabin on B Deck and hope we may

get a little sun on our balcony. If not, it will still be wonderful to sit out and relax and breathe in the sea air - Although this will be our 10th cruise, we haven't had a balcony for several years, so it will be such a treat for us!

The concept of "in the shade" relating to which deck your balcony is on always mystifies me. Any "overhang" above your balcony will reduce the amount of light getting in slightly but the biggest factor is whether the sun is to the port or starboard side of the ship at the time and of course its elevation which will more likely be higher the further South you go in the Northern Hemisphere.

Regards John

We have booked an adapted cabin D707 for our cruise in 2018, dies this mean we have overhang from the balconies on C deck and will be in the shade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No D deck balconies on Ventura are completely uncovered and dont get any shade but we didnt find this a problem.

In the last couple of years we have booked a select fare and chosen a C deck cabin on Azura for the larger, part-covered balcony, but this year we went for a saver fare and were allocated a balcony on A deck. I had such balcony envy looking down on to the huge C deck balconies that next year we have gone back to a select fare and a C deck cabin again!

Michele

The concept of "in the shade" relating to which deck your balcony is on always mystifies me. Any "overhang" above your balcony will reduce the amount of light getting in slightly but the biggest factor is whether the sun is to the port or starboard side of the ship at the time and of course its elevation which will more likely be higher the further South you go in the Northern Hemisphere.

Regards John

Its a figure of speech only John to highlight that part is open and part is covered, maybe we should use that instead of shade.

However the uncovered part does prolong your sunbathing time considerably, especially the further south you are and the sun high in the sky until well after 3:00pm.

Its a figure of speech only John to highlight that part is open and part is covered, maybe we should use that instead of shade.

However the uncovered part does prolong your sunbathing time considerably, especially the further south you are and the sun high in the sky until well after 3:00pm.

I've had various decks on Ventura / Azura and I actually find B deck balconies shaded in the Caribbean or Mediterranean where the sun is high. You certainly feel warm but not necessarily that sunny. We love aft cabins with so much privacy and their big balconies but they too don't get that much sun, so it's C deck for us if we're heading to warmer climes. If you don't want to be overlooked you can sit in the covered part - for example, having breakfast, pre-dinner drinks etc - but you can also sit / stand by the railing enjoy the sunshine. You can't beat the size of these balconies. Ventura - 18th Jan - here we come :)

Edited by tartanexile81