picking your cabin and floor. 2nd vs 7th floor

sweets2323

Personally, I prefer the higher floors as it is closer to most things. I am much more inclined to take the stairs if it is 2 flights than if it is 8 flights. I also prefer cabins toward mid-aft area. I don't mind being by the elevators. It is convenient.

The one perk I noticed to being on a low floor was on port days. When everyone is waiting for the elevator, you have 1-2 flights to go.

I've only ever done cabins on the 7th deck (inside front + balcony aft) on Magic, which was convenient for getting places (less stairs to go up). I have a cruise booked this weekend and it's an ocean view on Deck 2 on the Glory. I'm curious to see which I will prefer. I specifically chose the 2nd deck - mid ship because I've had some sea sickness both sails and I'm hoping being mid ship and low may do the trick!

Also, being on the 7th floor with just cabins around you doesn't guarantee quiet ..... we had noisy neighbours who chose to blast NSync the entire time, all day, all night ..... special breed haha. We were up the first few nights, then bought ear plugs :cool:

Edited by Dearabby_84

We are sailing the Vista in March. After spending countless hours studying the ship, we chose a Cove Balcony deck 2. Spending a little more on a higher up balcony was not an issue, but DH and I decided we'd really like to try the Cove so close to the water. We know that there may be times when it's too wet on the balcony to be out there, but when the ship is traveling slower in and out of ports I think it will be awesome! Normally I would never book a cabin on a low deck, but having a Cove Balcony looks like fun! I was very careful in choosing a cabin location so that we wouldn't be right under the galley.

• 2 weeks later...

I LOVED Deck 2! It was quiet, there was very little foot traffic in the hallway as it was only people staying there for the most part and whenever porting it was a very easy few steps down and only 1 floor up to the lobby. Elevators did not take along, minus embarkation and debarkation as they were very busy then.

I felt very little movement as opposed to my cousin who was in a suite on 7th Deck near aft, who was sick from movement. I'm really happy with our decision!

We have been on deck 7 on 4 cruises with mid ship cabins on all but one. Last cruise was on deck 2 just under guest services "back offices". I can tell you both were very good. Much easier to catch an elevator last cruise. All the cabins were quiet except the 4J on deck 7 where people allowed the door to the front deck to slam late at night.

I was lucky with my 4J on deck 7...I was on the last 2 Med and TA on the Vista, and never heard any late night slamming, and I'm a light sleeper. It was so windy out there, I don't think many people used it.

My friends had a Porthole cabin on deck 2 and it was larger than my 4J. They had 3 closets and a sofa. Mine was the smallest of the 4J's on deck 7

I did like deck 7 for convenience of using the stairs, but I would definitely book that deck 2 Porthole cabin for the size.

Edited by crzndeb