Price increase for Barefoot Beach standard cabana?

cruiser82

Yesterday we received our welcome email from the concierge on the Allure in preparation for our cruise this Sunday. It mentioned that we could reserve a standard cabana on Labadee's Barefoot Beach for $295, whereas the Cruise Planner said the price was $275. I asked Dexter about this and he confirmed that the price did increase.

We have a $300 onboard credit so it will still cover the cost of the cabana, but it seems like the prices of the cabanas (across most cruise lines) keep increasing and rather frequently. I'm not sure if this new price applies to just my sailing or just Allure so YMMV.

As long as people keep paying, the price will continue to go up.

isn't that lower than what they were late 2015 and 16? After getting mine in 2015 for $250 they went up to a reported $500 within weeks.

isn't that lower than what they were late 2015 and 16? After getting mine in 2015 for $250 they went up to a reported $500 within weeks.

These were the prices the last time I looked:

Standard = $295

Hilltop = $395

Water Front = $395

Over the Water = $495

This is what my understanding was. I was on the oasis in december, but I had reached out to the conceirge a few weeks early to reserve my cabana over the water so he sad "he would do it at the old price" but yes, we were told the new price was $500. and to be honest, at that price it was not worth it.

However, for anything around $300 I do think it's a good deal

These were the prices the last time I looked:

Standard = $295

Hilltop = $395

Water Front = $395

Over the Water = $495

Those were the prices for our 10/16 Allure. I do believe when we booked the cruise the prices listed on the site for the Water Front and Over the Water were $50 cheaper. I was surprised at the increase when we reserved one just before the cruise.