Coupon question

CruiserN1

I have a 2016 coupon booklet from Celebrity, passed on to me by a friend who didn't use it. One of the coupons is "Receive an 80 min service for the price of a 50 min service while the ship is in port."

I am wondering if this means:

a) I would get an 80 min massage for the port-day price of a 50 min massage,

or

b) I would get an 80 min massage for the sea-day price of a 50 min massage

Anyone ever use this coupon and able to tell me which it is?

It would be A. "Receive an 80 min service for the price of a 50 min service while the ship is in port."

This coupon is probably given out by the SPA onboard and is not from Celebrity themselves.

On every cruise I've been on, no matter what line, there have always been "port day" specials, valid only while the ship is docked. You will get them in the daily planner. On sea days, there won't be any specials, unless they have very low bookings for that day.

It is actually from Celebrity. It is in a booklet with other coupons for things like a discount on wine discovery and buy 1 logo item, get 1 half off. I've also emailed the spa to see whether the discount is off the port-day price or the sea-day price.

What is this "coupon booklet"? I have seen a sheet of coupons for Classic / Select Elite CC members etc but not a discount booklet.

I think it's something travel agents give out. It's a small booklet and the cover says 2016 Onboard Value Booklet.

I heard back from the Canyon Spa people and they said that the coupon would get me an 80 min massage at the 50 min port-day price if booked for a port-day. Just posting here in case others had the same question.

Just make sure you can actually use the coupons as they will be checked against your reservation by the system for validity. For example if they are Elite coupons and you are not Elite status - they might not work in the billing system for you.

Just make sure you can actually use the coupons as they will be checked against your reservation by the system for validity. For example if they are Elite coupons and you are not Elite status - they might not work in the billing system for you.

It doesn't say anywhere on them that they are Elite coupons. I've received similar coupon booklets from my TA on other lines without having status. Honestly, most of the offers are kind of worthless, but we were planning on having an 80 min couples massage so that particular coupon is great for us.

From what I understand, these are not the Captain's Club "Select, Elite, or Elite Plus" coupons that are delivered to your cabin upon embarkation -- these are TA coupons. TA's probably have some deal going on with Celebrity for their use.

I think the coupons are for Elite and Elite plus from the line.

I got them last time.

Re-Read the post directly above yours.

There are two different things being talked about on this thread.

1 - elite coupons (the ones you received...which are probably going away in paper form...they will just be on your account/card)

2 - some kind of coupon booklet (that I have never seen or heard of before today), that the travel agency gives away. These have nothing to do with the elite program.

I thought that at first too, but after looking at my coupon, it's NOT an Elite coupon. Comes in a coupon book from TAs and it doesn't matter what your status is with the Capt. Club. It's totally different than the Elite coupons which I also get.

Edited by DrivesLikeMario

From the sound of it, the coupon booklet is the one given by TAs. As long as the booklet is current and hasn't been superseded by a newer one, there shouldn't be an issue using the spa coupon because the booklet is generic and not linked to a particular passenger or booking number.