From MCO to port canaveral

Jenna2407

I agree - it is an easy drive of about an hour.

If, after a long flight you prefer not to drive on the correct side of the road then Cocoa Beach Shuttle and Cortrans are the most often suggested shared shuttle providers; for private transfers check with Michael at Executive VIP

Haha the correct side of the road 😂😂 good luck going to battle on horses on the 'right' side of the road.

Have driven many times in the US, literally no skill to it.

We have car hire booked for after the cruise. Dont know if it would be worth it for 1 night before? Will have a look... wasn't something I thought of tbh.

Thankyou

Sent from my SM-G925F using Forums mobile app

Edited by Jenna2407

Is it easy to return the rental car at the port? Is the rental car return right at the port? Thinking about staying a couple of days before the cruise and would want a car.

All of the car rental agencies have offices in PC/Cocoa beach and offer free shuttles to/from the port. We have been happy with Avis service and the corporate rate I get, but all of the major agencies are there.

All of the car rental agencies have offices in PC/Cocoa beach and offer free shuttles to/from the port. We have been happy with Avis service and the corporate rate I get, but all of the major agencies are there.

Parents are going in December and thinking about renting a car at MCO.

Dropping off, cabs ready to take to port? I assume shuttles run at a certain time. They are Haven passengers and board first so want to be there in time for that privilege.

Upon return, is it crazy at the rental counters to get back to MCO? Certain time better than others?

Thanks

Parents are going in December and thinking about renting a car at MCO.

Dropping off, cabs ready to take to port? I assume shuttles run at a certain time. They are Haven passengers and board first so want to be there in time for that privilege.

Upon return, is it crazy at the rental counters to get back to MCO? Certain time better than others?

Thanks

My experience is that the shuttles sort of run continuously. If they just missed a shuttle and do not want to wait for it to return (probably about 20 minutes) they could call a cab or an Uber.

Unless your return flight leaves after about 1:00 or so I would not bother with the car rental - between the shuttle, stopping for gas, drop off at MCO it is not worth the hassle. If you have an afternoon or later flight then grab the car and go someplace fun for lunch before heading to MCO.

My experience is that the shuttles sort of run continuously. If they just missed a shuttle and do not want to wait for it to return (probably about 20 minutes) they could call a cab or an Uber.

Unless your return flight leaves after about 1:00 or so I would not bother with the car rental - between the shuttle, stopping for gas, drop off at MCO it is not worth the hassle. If you have an afternoon or later flight then grab the car and go someplace fun for lunch before heading to MCO.

Their return flight is 3pm.

Good idea about the lunch. Maybe a place in Cocoa Beach and let the highway to MCO clear out some. :)