Sydney Hotels

Hi there

Looking for advice re: accommodation options for us in Sydney for 1 night pre-cruise. Hoping to get to Sydney very early morning and do some sightseeing. Have looked at Holiday Inn Rocks which looks great. Unfortunately we will be 2 adults, our son who will be 12 but our daughter will be 17. This means that we don't fit into the category of 2 adults/2 children and to get 2 rooms will make the overnight trip very expensive. Does anyone know of any apartments in the Rocks area that might accommodate us?

Any tips gratefully received.

Many thanks:)

Hi there

Looking for advice re: accommodation options for us in Sydney for 1 night pre-cruise. Hoping to get to Sydney very early morning and do some sightseeing. Have looked at Holiday Inn Rocks which looks great. Unfortunately we will be 2 adults, our son who will be 12 but our daughter will be 17. This means that we don't fit into the category of 2 adults/2 children and to get 2 rooms will make the overnight trip very expensive. Does anyone know of any apartments in the Rocks area that might accommodate us?

Meriton appartments in Pitt Street or Kent Street are pretty good, not in the Rocks but very central to the city.

Also look at a family room at the YHA

They have shared cooking facilities if you want to self cater

Another option might be Sydney harbour BNB

Quay West (now in the Pullman group can have some options but this depdnson if you have a Saturday)

Thank you for your suggestions. I shall look into them. I've just seen another hotel - The Russell Hotel at the Rocks which looks reasonably priced. Does anyone know anything about this hotel?

Many thanks

I have never stayed there.

But it is, I'm pretty sure, what you'd call a bar, here a pub, with accommodation.

Some are great, others not so good.

Looking for advice re: accommodation options for us in Sydney for 1 night pre-cruise. Hoping to get to Sydney very early morning and do some sightseeing. Have looked at Holiday Inn Rocks which looks great. Unfortunately we will be 2 adults, our son who will be 12 but our daughter will be 17. This means that we don't fit into the category of 2 adults/2 children and to get 2 rooms will make the overnight trip very expensive.

Are you sure that's the case?

According to the Holiday Inn sites, children up to 19 can stay in their parent's room without cost.

It's a really trendy boutique place.

Lots of people absolutely love it.

It would be too noisy for me later in the weeks as the places a trendy spot for a night out.

And you have to slog your bags upstairs from memory

With kids it wouldn't be my first choice...

Hi there

I'm in the same boat since my 2 are 16 and 19. We now stay at The Adina Apartment Hotels when we come to Sydney and if you keep an eye out you can usually get a bargain. We've paid $385 for a 2 bedroom apartment at Sydney Central for Jan, but when we come back in Feb it jumps to $450 because it's school holidays. The apartment is clean, and central but maybe too far for you if you specifically want to be close to the rocks.

Trish

There's two different things. It's til 12 for the breakfast, but it's still til 19 for accommodation, even here.

Thank you so much. I've just rang the Holiday Inn and yes 2 children can stay under 18 years. Under 12 they get a free breakfast too .... looks like we'll be heading to the Holiday Inn at the Rocks after all!

Thank you for all your help.:)