Drink package discount

perkli25

Hi there! We leave for our Oasis cruise on 12/11. I was doing my online checkin yesterday and noticed there is a 20% discount on the premium drink package. My husband is considering getting the drink package. My question is for those who have sailed Oasis recently. Will there be this discount when we board or any other discount 1-2 days into the cruise or are we better off buying now?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi there! We leave for our Oasis cruise on 12/11. I was doing my online checkin yesterday and noticed there is a 20% discount on the premium drink package. My husband is considering getting the drink package. My question is for those who have sailed Oasis recently. Will there be this discount when we board or any other discount 1-2 days into the cruise or are we better off buying now?

So far, there have only been pre-cruise discounts.

Have not seen discounts onboard and recent posts are showing the packages go from a range of $44-$48 before to the $60 per day range onboard (plus the 18%). As long as there is at least I believe four days left in the cruise you can buy the package still and will just be charged for the number of days left. I would say if you're happy with the price definitely buy it now.

There have been reports of multi drink cards offered onboard but are sporadic and by no means guaranteed.

We got off the Oasis on Oct. 29th - the drink package on board was $58 USD + 18% tip. They did sell the drink cards - I think it was $79.99 for 10 drinks - on day 4 or 5. We bought the package before with the 20% discount.

I would definitely buy now if you plan on getting it anyway.

We got off the Oasis on Oct. 29th - the drink package on board was $58 USD + 18% tip. They did sell the drink cards - I think it was $79.99 for 10 drinks - on day 4 or 5. We bought the package before with the 20% discount.

I would definitely buy now if you plan on getting it anyway.

Thanks for the info!

Buy it now if it's 20% off. If it goes down, which it won't, you can cancel get a refund and repurchase.

We just got off Allure last week and the Deluxe (which is the only alcohol package offered any longer) was $58 at embarkation and it never went on sale.

They did offer a 30% off sale just prior to our sailing, but the purchase price had been increased. So when I did the math it would have cost me $4 more to get 30% off. Now, I am no math whiz but I figured out that wasn't a good deal.

Edited by jamesr3939

So far, there have only been pre-cruise discounts.

I'm not sure that there have been reports of on-board drink cards since they have been having all of these pre-cruise discounts.

Did the C&A discount get discontinued?

Did the C&A discount get discontinued?

Sorry, forgot about those.

These may still exist. However, I am only aware of a 30% discount for D+ and a 40% discount for PC. There may be discounts for other C&A levels, but I did not see them.

Sorry, forgot about those.

These may still exist. However, I am only aware of a 30% discount for D+ and a 40% discount for PC. There may be discounts for other C&A levels, but I did not see them.

The link is information I got from my Harmony group. I was offered 20% off pre cruise = $48 + tax. If I get a printout of benefits onboard at any bar the new C&A Loyalty benefit is listed (but not shown on the paper left in your cabin or copy at guest services) my price will be $42 + tax).

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=51522195&postcount=560

The link is information I got from my Harmony group. I was offered 20% off pre cruise = $48 + tax. If I get a printout of benefits onboard at any bar the new C&A Loyalty benefit is listed (but not shown on the paper left in your cabin or copy at guest services) my price will be $42 + tax).

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=51522195&postcount=560

Thanks for the update. So it seems the C&A discounts for beverage packages start at the Diamond level.

The full price of the packages are more on the ship than online without discounts I think. Package was $58 on board and $43 with the 20% off online - these prices do not include the 18% tip.

I was able to purchase package for $38 plus tip online for Serenade in February - that was a 30% discount.

I think that online is less at least for Diamond (which I am).

Thanks for the update. So it seems the C&A discounts for beverage packages start at the Diamond level.

Bob-I have a question for you concerning the premium drink package. I'm sure it's covered somewhere in Cruise Critic Land, too. I want to take advantage of the discount. Please don't pass judgment....What's your take on 'sharing' a package??? I'm not a big drinker and will be bringing on 2 bottles of wine. However, I would like to get a few glasses of champagne during our cruise. My husband would benefit more with the package than me.

Bob-I have a question for you concerning the premium drink package. I'm sure it's covered somewhere in Cruise Critic Land, too. I want to take advantage of the discount. Please don't pass judgment....What's your take on 'sharing' a package??? I'm not a big drinker and will be bringing on 2 bottles of wine. However, I would like to get a few glasses of champagne during our cruise. My husband would benefit more with the package than me.

Only the person who buys the package can use it. Getting drinks and giving them to someone else is theft. Buy drinks separately if you want them. If you are caught, they take away the package with no refund.

On Liberty last week. We did not see the 10 drink card.

We are D+ and once on board we we stopped at the schooner bar and asked about the C and A discount. She had a white shirt on with stripes so must have been a supervisor and had no idea what we were talking about. Not giving up we went to Bolaros and asked again. No idea again. Asked if they could call a supervisor and print out our coupon list. Sure enough there it was. The DH got one and the total for the week was $318 including gratuities which was 30% off.

Again no one knows what's going on....so be persistent.

Only the person who buys the package can use it. Getting drinks and giving them to someone else is theft. Buy drinks separately if you want them. If you are caught, they take away the package with no refund.

It's not a big deal to buy my drinks separately. Just an innocent question. Thanks for the info.

Edited by TheSweetPotatoQueen

On Liberty last week. We did not see the 10 drink card.

We are D+ and once on board we we stopped at the schooner bar and asked about the C and A discount. She had a white shirt on with stripes so must have been a supervisor and had no idea what we were talking about. Not giving up we went to Bolaros and asked again. No idea again. Asked if they could call a supervisor and print out our coupon list. Sure enough there it was. The DH got one and the total for the week was $318 including gratuities which was 30% off.

Again no one knows what's going on....so be persistent.

Very similar situation on our recent Brilliance cruise. After reading about the discounts here on CC, I asked the Diamond Concierge to print out our remaining coupons. Sure enough there was a beverage package discount listed, which she did not know about. It was not listed on the letter with our coupon list that is in thr stateroom when you arrive.

I am currently on board the Majesty of the Seas and can confirm the C&A discounts.

20% for Diamond.

30% for Diamond Plus.

40% for Pinnacle.

Carol, can you also confirm there are no discounts for Gold, Platinum, and Emerald?

The full price of the packages are more on the ship than online without discounts I think. Package was $58 on board and $43 with the 20% off online - these prices do not include the 18% tip.

I was able to purchase package for $38 plus tip online for Serenade in February - that was a 30% discount.

I think that online is less at least for Diamond (which I am).

I just got off the phone with Royal Caribbean D+ desk to cancel my beverage package because it is $61 onboard Harmony and the 30% off for me would be a better deal than the 20% offer I received pre cruise. I asked if she knew about the onboard discount and if they will raise the base price. She said no. When I told her most crew and RCI staff don't seem to know anything about it but cruisers are reporting it shows up on a bar benefits printout she said oh we just got telephone confirmation. Should be loaded on your sea pass and you can only purchase onboard. She said they are not planning to raise the base price right now.

*All Beverage Packages exclude any beverages served inside licensed Starbucks® stores.

I had a beverage package last year and it included coffees from the Star Buck.

What do they mean by Premium coffees and teas? I thought that was the Star Bucks spot on the ship where they made the Lattes and so on.

Toast to all-inclusive options*

• Cocktails / Spirits / Liqueurs / Beer

• Bottled still and sparkling water

• Wines by the glass

• Fresh squeezed juices / Non-alcoholic cocktails

• Premium coffees and teas

• Fountain sodas / Coca-Cola Freestyle® beverages

• Coca-Cola® souvenir cup included

Will I be able to get a Star Bucks coffee using my beverage packet if I'm sail on the Grandeur of the Sea this month? Are they just excluded on the Oasis ships?

*All Beverage Packages exclude any beverages served inside licensed Starbucks® stores.

What do they mean by Premium coffees and teas? I thought that was the Star Bucks spot on the ship where they made the Lattes and so on.

• Wines by the glass

Will I be able to get a Star Bucks coffee using my beverage packet if I'm sail on the Grandeur of the Sea this month? Are they just excluded on the Oasis ships?

The licensed Starbucks thing only impacts three ships. Oasis, Allure, and Harmony.

These three ships have a true Starbucks location. Not just a Cafe that might use Starbucks branded products.

• Wines by the glass

Grandeur does not have a "licensed Starbucks kiosk" so you may have whatever you want. :)