Moving Drink Package w/Changed Reservation

Ugh I'm so ashamed to be starting a drink package thread; sorry guys.

I bought my daughter a drink package during the 30% off sale. If I move my cruise to a new date, does the drink package move with it, and does it stay the same price, or do I have to pay the current rate on the package?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I bought my daughter a drink package during the 30% off sale. If I move my cruise to a new date, does the drink package move with it, and does it stay the same price, or do I have to pay the current rate on the package?

I'm not sure if you will automatically lose the drink package (and get a refund) or they will require you to pay the difference (if any) for current price of a drink package on the new sailing.

Pretty sure you can't move a cruise. It is canceled and rebooked, which is two different transactions. You would have to pay whatever the current price is.

Pretty sure you can't move a cruise. It is canceled and rebooked, which is two different transactions. You would have to pay whatever the current price is.

You can definitely move a cruise; I've done it. I booked a cruise onboard for $50 deposit and was able to move the date without cancelling and rebooking and I didn't have to pay any additional deposit.

You can definitely move a cruise; I've done it. I booked a cruise onboard for $50 deposit and was able to move the date without cancelling and rebooking and I didn't have to pay any additional deposit.

I think that you are both actually correct it just come down to terminology.

You are keeping the same reservation number and the associated perks that you received with that if you booked on board such as OBC and reduced deposit but the actual cruise that is associated with that reservation is in fact being cancelled and any perks associated with that specific cruise at the time it was booked are lost and the new cruise is booked at prevailing rates.